PDA

View Full Version : ETC problem

oztracktuning
October 25th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Im tuning a 2005 VZ LS1 auto that has had its airbox changed to a shielded pod. I am encoutering problems with it stalling after blipping the throttle and it sometimes is idling too slow.

The car has the stock cam and TB with maf enabled.

All the usual idle tables have been adjusted eg idle air flow, and rpm at idle has been bumped up to 600rpm i gear.

The log is showing its idling at 550rpm with 11.5 TP%
occasionally it drops to a low % and thats when the problems occur.

All the other settings for idle are stock.

Sometimes when it is almost stalls the timing is using the full amount of underspeed correction timing constantly to pull the idle speed back up.

I can adjust the follower values BUT i think its to do with the ETC and at the moment im favoring having a go at changing B2717 Minimum Throttle Blade position from its stock 0.2148

SSpdDmon
October 26th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Just curious, if the only mod is the cold air intake...why change anything relating to the stock idle settings (including desired idle airflow)? Was it idling crappy before the tune? If so, did you check for all mechanical possibilities (ie unmetered air getting into the motor, vacuum leaks, loose plug wires, etc.)?

oztracktuning
October 26th, 2006, 02:24 AM
The mechanical work was done elsewhere. I cant verify the car was running perfect before the settings were changed though.

Did another VZ A4 today and it had similar settings and was fine.

It had 5% TP at idle. The problem one is sitting on a lot higher values.

SSpdDmon
October 26th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Sounds fishy...I wouldn't look to the tune for the idle troubles. Did I understand you right...is the cold air intake the only mod???