PDA

View Full Version : whats next after flashscan?

Highlander
April 1st, 2004, 03:31 AM
Seing the innovations you have had with this and all the knowledge you guys have... all there is left is to make a "replacement" tech 2 for the tunner ;)

That would be really wicked!!!

A scanner that can log pretty big files into it, then read the flash edit it w/o the need of a laptop!!! ja.. that would be wicked (AND EXPENSIVE!!!!) but it would be SOOOO AWESOME..

jimmyblue
April 1st, 2004, 07:07 AM
Hey... quit distracting them! They've already got a
job to do. No TV 'til you've finished your homework!

:wink:

Blacky
April 1st, 2004, 08:01 AM
A scanner that can log pretty big files into it, then read the flash edit it w/o the need of a laptop!!! ja.. that would be wicked (AND EXPENSIVE!!!!) but it would be SOOOO AWESOME..

FlashScan Personal is limited to about 5 minutes of logging. This is due to space restrictions in the small enclosure.
FlashScan Workshop (which has a a larger enclosure) will have *lots* of memory - and an LCD screen like the Tech-2.

Paul

Highlander
April 1st, 2004, 08:31 AM
OH NO you shouldn't have said that.. now I really want one... is it full color?? haha

Delco
April 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
OH NO you shouldn't have said that.. now I really want one... is it full color?? haha

Better start saving then , you are like a kid in a candy store - wants all the goodies for next to nothing and stamps his feet when he can only afford a 2c lolly :D

GMPX
April 1st, 2004, 02:53 PM
... is it full color?? haha

Yep, it's called a Laptop :lol:

In reality the 'workshop' version of the harware is really designed to be sitting on top of the dyno trolley with the dyno's PC.
It's not 'that' big it couldn't go in the car, but the intention of it was more along the lines of intergrating more info from the dyno into the EFILive data stream, not really as a Tech2 or HPP3 etc replacement.
For sure it could be used as an in vehicle scan tool, but you just can beat a laptop for that IMHO.

Highlander
April 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM
You are right.. but since you are at it and pretty damn good.. I might just add the temptation to it :P

And GMPX... I always like your sense of humor ;)

Take care guys.. Im looking forward to any of your new products...

I wish you would do more scanner software for for other manufacturers so I can totally disregard ATap.

and what about all the products for palm? it can work...

joecar
May 7th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Well, if I start a tuner shop then I can buy ALL the EFILive products (unlimited vin license versions of course) and claim it all on my tax return as business expenses...

"Joe, Joe, you can wake up now..." says the wife :lol:

Some future features I would like to see in EFILive Scan:
a. ABS module data monitoring and bidirectional controls (and error codes).
b. Ditto for BCM and IPC modules.

The spirit of EFILive is "give control back to the DIY weekend warrior", and I think that is fabulous.