PDA

View Full Version : RAFIG maps again

minytrker
October 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I switched laptop and for some reason I cant my maps for RAFIG to work right. What PIDS do I all need to have logging or what am I doing wrong?

SSpdDmon
October 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
This is what I log for idle...

minytrker
October 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM
How is your map? I made mine like I read somewhere on here. Whats the range you want the numbers in? If my map is working right my number range from .16-.26.

SSpdDmon
October 27th, 2006, 01:55 AM
My maps are set just like B4307 in the tune - just with one column so I can have seperate maps for PN & IG. Gear selector .pid in the column and coolant temp .pid in the rows. Copy the entire table with labels from the tune and paste labels in the map setup for the rows and column. Then, your data .pid is the CALC.RAFIG or CALC.RAFPN. I actually have four maps (pre-2001 cars have different ECT range):

>'00 RAFPN
>'00 RAFIG
<'01 RAFPN
<'01 RAFIG

Stock settings in the PCM will usually remember a learned airflow correction between 0.5 and -3.0. So, that's the range I'd say you're shooting for. These settings are under the Idle>Learning>Parameters along with the ECT at which learning begins.

heavyfoot
November 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM
sorry for my ignorance. how is RAFIG and RAFPN calculated for a 99 OS?

SSpdDmon
November 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM
sorry for my ignorance. how is RAFIG and RAFPN calculated for a 99 OS?
CALC.RAFIG=GM.IAC_LTD_DMA+GM.IAC_STD_DMA

CALC.RAFPN=GM.IAC_LTPN_DMA+GM.IAC_STPN_DMA

You need to log all pids in the equation for it to work.

It doesn't matter what year for the calculation. The year has to do with the way the table is in the tune. Pre-'01 cars start at -40*F and have rows in increments of 36*F. '01+ cars start at -40*F and have rows in increments of ~22*F. That's why it's important to copy the entire table in the tune (with labels) and past labels when setting up the map in the scanner.