PDA

View Full Version : RR usb problems

minytrker
October 27th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I cant install the usb drivers I down loaded off of moates.net. Does the RR need to be powered up for them to install?

Doc
October 27th, 2006, 03:09 PM
What version of the tuning tool are you running?

minytrker
October 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
V7.3.2 Build 467

I also never got an email with my rr license I bought so Im stuck once I get the usb drivers to work.

Doc
October 28th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I believe the USB drivers that come with that build are good to go for your RR. Have you got your license for your RR yet?

minytrker
October 28th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I got the rr running but STILL have NOT got my license yet.....its killing me waiting on a email.

Tordne
October 28th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I just PM'd Paul... They are off to SEMA so hopefully he can sort ya out while away.

wait4me
October 29th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Donna sent it out to you a while ago? I got the same email directed to me also at the same time. I just forwarded my copy of the email over to you. :)

minytrker
October 29th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Donna sent it out to you a while ago? I got the same email directed to me also at the same time. I just forwarded my copy of the email over to you. :)

Thats weird, I never got the email from Donna. I got the one you forwarded to me. Thanks again Jesse for the help. Im off to tune my first car using the roadrunner. :D

minytrker
October 31st, 2006, 03:10 PM
RR doesnt work. Man this is so frustrating.

Tordne
October 31st, 2006, 03:18 PM
What doesn't work?

minytrker
October 31st, 2006, 03:21 PM
The rr features. It locks up everytime you try to make a live change. The car will run off the rr pcm but as soon as you try to make a change I get a usb error and it just freezes up. I have to unplug the usb to get the screen to unfreeze. I have spoke to Craig about it already and everything he suggested. Im going to try a usb hub tomorrow and see if that does anything. I can't the wireless option to work either so Im starting to think its something in the plug in rr.

Tordne
October 31st, 2006, 04:11 PM
Ouch! That sux.

We had absolutely no problems with the RR the one time I have been fortunate to have my hands on one. I wonder if it a use problem in your laptop/pc?

minytrker
October 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
Its a brand new one that I use it for is tuning. The efi cable works fine.

ringram
November 5th, 2006, 03:33 AM
It uses separate drivers to flashscan. Well you use the same driver files. Another guy had to try without the scantool loaded. You might want to try that see if that works. unload the scantool, or remove the scantool usb cable.
See if any of those combo's work.

Tordne
December 1st, 2006, 01:34 PM
Did you get this going in the end?

I've been using a RoadRunner for a solid two weeks now and have not had a single issue at all with drivers, lockups, functionalty, nothing :)

minytrker
December 5th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Nope still doesnt work. I am going to try it again with V2 today. I have sick the last 2 weeks and havent messed with it. If it doesnt work today Im gonna send it back.

Tordne
December 5th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I just got my actual unit and found that I needed new drivers - it just didn't work at all with the latest EFILive ones. I posted another thread about it in the RoadRunner Section: http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=36114&postcount=1

minytrker
December 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I finally got my RR working. I installed the newest software update and now it works. I tuned a car with it today and I am hooked. I couldnt believe how much time it saved and how much easier it made my life.

Tordne
December 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
So you actually updated the EFILive software or the drivers? You must have been running a seriously old version if it was EFILive?

The RoadRunner is totally awesome. I finally got mine installed permanently (well the cable permanent anyway) yesterday. Once you've used it you can never go back :)

Glad to hear it is all now working for ya!!

minytrker
December 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I was running the first 7.3 from a few weeks ago. I think what fixed it was uninstalling efi live completly and starting from scratch. I didnt install any differnt driver but Im 99% I installed the newest ones for the rr last time.

Tordne
December 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
The latest EFILive shipped drivers (3.1.2 I believe) worked with another RoadRunner I worked with, but not my actual new one. I think Craig has started using a different chip that is RoHS compliant and reports as a different chip. Hence I needed a newer driver that recognised the chip string :)