PDA

View Full Version : Competition Mode/Active handling/Traction Control

Beer99C5
November 3rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
On the 99 Vette's, Competition mode can only be activated by being stopped and holding the TCS button in for 5 seconds, would changing to a later model OS (or custom OS) change this? I am not sure which years it could be done while moving?

I beleive the Comp mode made active handling come on, and traction control off.

JR_VETTE
November 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Something tells me there's some other module that controls it (EBTCM?). I'll go for a spin tomorrow and report back. I have a 1999 Vette with Active Handling, and I am running the 2002 OS. I'm 99% sure 2001 and later can activate Competition Mode while rolling.

purrvert
November 4th, 2006, 05:15 AM
On the 99 Vette's, Competition mode can only be activated by being stopped and holding the TCS button in for 5 seconds, would changing to a later model OS (or custom OS) change this? I am not sure which years it could be done while moving?

I beleive the Comp mode made active handling come on, and traction control off.

I don't believe new operating system will make any difference, trac control and active handling don't reside in the PCM.
They are both active every time you start the car, quick touch of button turns off both and the stopped 5 sec delay turns off trac control but leaves active handling on.
I'm running a COS3 in a 2000 C5 and the button works as stock.
Now take off that clown suit and get back to work.

Beer99C5
November 4th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Now take off that clown suit and get back to work.

Roger that, gotta call Subsea (I noticed your occupation :muahaha: ) to pressure up the fluid bearing to turn so we can get the sun out of the eyes of the drillers (Dual Activity :))...followed by the company man complaining the ride is to rough because we are no longer into the envirionment :nixweiss:

Thanks for the heads up, was hoping to be able to manipulate the AH but I can live with it as it is.