PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 04 Vette and speed density (ETC?)

Alvin
November 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I installed a custom OS on a 04 Z06 with a bad mass air meter. Its a 408 with good heads/ big cam etc. I got it running really good good with a MAF off my own car but as soon as the MAF is disabled it will not run at all.

I think I could figure this out if it would fire and run for a bit but it cranks, fires and immediately dies.

Am I missing something? I'm running speeddensity on my personal ETC vette with no issues, this one I can't get going on.

Any ideas?

purrvert
November 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Increase VE table 10 - 15%.????

Alvin
November 4th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Increase VE table 10 - 15%.????

Tried that, Up and down and pretty significant jumps in fueling. No changes at all.

If p102 or 103 is present the car pretty much refuses to run. With the bad mass air that worked intermittantly it would run until either of those tripped and then it was over.

Doc
November 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Is this a totally new setup? Meaning did it run at all (in SD)with the original OS)? Or is this a new setup? What trouble shooting/ observations led you to believe the MAF is bad? Obviously you said the car is working in MAF mode but not SD, I am just curious about the wiring at the connector being that this motor has been replaced. Along the same lines the ECT connector wiring gets alot of abuse too and is in the same general area. Overall I am hesisant to blame components in light of motor swaps and have had more experiences with wiring failures with symptoms like you describe.

Alvin
November 5th, 2006, 04:27 AM
I've got OS3 in it and you can turn the MAF on and off with the failure limits. With the MAF working the car runs with a good maf. It actually runs quite well. Disable the MAF and the car flat out will not run. It will hit once then stall immedately. After that it will not try to fire at all. No other trouble codes are present.

His stock MAF is bad because it doesn't respond to anything. it sits at 6 gm/sec the whole time. Thats why we have been using mine.