PDA

View Full Version : V2 Capabilities out of the box?

Cougar281
November 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I know V2 isn't going to support (edit: Standalone) flashing out of the box. What will it's capabilities be as of release? will it be able to pull real time data and/or log standalone?

Tordne
November 5th, 2006, 05:25 PM
It flashes now - and has done for LS1 etc all along. Stand alone logging is to follow shortly after release I believe.

ScarabEpic22
November 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Man, I hope standalone features come along soon, thats most of the reason why I want V2 so badly. Datalogging and standalone PCM/ECM/TCM flashing is what I want and need as I dont have a laptop and its a royal PITHA to put my truck where I need it to be to flash it.

Tordne
November 5th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Me too.. Can't wait to have no laptop on the passenger seat :)

ringram
November 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I think Paul has the RW and fat filesystem sorted. Just needs to implement the logging. I dont think it will take too much longer once v2 is out.
v2 will act much the same as v1 on release except for DTC list and reset support in the v2 plus maybe a couple of other little things.

November 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
guys i just got HPTUNERS last month (had to....wanted to tune my 07 hoe didnt think efilive would release V2 this early sheeesh)... first let me tell you how crappy this software is the layout is soooooooo frigin primitive its not even funny it feels like im still on windows 98 you get this cheezy layout you change a few things then close the box then open another box change a few things then close that box or else itll stay open and you might loose what ever you did...also you have to ffkning ilicence a car/truck first before you can read the fkn pcm..

i now have both efi and hpt on the same laptop they both work fine i can now tune with efi then read what i did with hpt

Scoota
November 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
also you have to ffkning license a car/truck first before you can read the fkn pcm..

Does a license become used if only to find the PCM is Locked or does it not let it get that far if locked.
Seems a shame to have to pay money just to be able to read a PCM:nixweiss: .

Cheers Scotty.

November 8th, 2006, 03:10 AM
it wont even let you start the read process untill you license the car first... os if you just wanted to read and save your buddys car on your laptop well you cant cos you have to licence it first...so you cant tell if its locked or not unless you have efilive...

Garry
November 8th, 2006, 07:56 AM
... good way to sell more licences ...

Scoota
November 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I feel sorry for the guy's that are faced with that prospect of doing your dosh.

Garry, one would also think it's a good way to loose customers :bash: .

Cheers Scotty.

dfe1
November 8th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I feel sorry for the guy's that are faced with that prospect of doing your dosh.

Garry, one would also think it's a good way to loose customers :bash: .

Cheers Scotty.
I'm really beginning to think that HPT is actually a covert sales department for EFILive. They keep "refining" their software to make it worse. What other explanation can there be, aside from stupidity??

Garry
November 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Still seems to work for them or they would change their business tactics ...

joecar
November 9th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Still seems to work for them or they would change their business tactics ...Blind and unquestioning/unthinking loyalty, or just brainwashing mind control.

Cougar281
November 9th, 2006, 06:22 AM
I think we're getting just a bit off topic here...

Garry
November 9th, 2006, 06:54 AM
But only a bit :)

joecar
November 9th, 2006, 07:15 AM
We do that all the time, it would be strange if we didn't. :D

TAQuickness
November 9th, 2006, 11:12 AM
sorta reminds me of the cheese burger comparo...

Stupid is as stupid does

TAQuickness
November 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Does a license become used if only to find the PCM is Locked or does it not let it get that far if locked.

According to Chris, it won't read (read: eat a license) if the PCM is locked.

Seems a shame to have to pay money just to be able to read a PCM:nixweiss: .

Cheers Scotty.

Couldn't agree more - but then again, we chose EFILive because we won't settle for anything less than the best ;)

Garry
November 15th, 2006, 06:45 AM
According to Chris, it won't read (read: eat a license) if the PCM is locked.

EFILive doesn't use up a license until you actually PROGRAM the PCM ... at least on V1 ... so you can read the setup from as many cars as you wish ...

Scoota
November 15th, 2006, 10:13 AM
EFILive doesn't use up a license until you actually PROGRAM the PCM ... at least on V1 ... so you can read the setup from as many cars as you wish ...

V2 is no different.

Cheers Scotty.

TAQuickness
November 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM

Yup - another fine feature of EFILive

November 15th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Yeh you cant start the read in HPT until you license if car is locked then maybe it might give you back an unlocked license ..:muahaha: :help2:

Guys i honestly don’t know whats all the hype about cos when I got HPT i couldn't believe it, the software looked old cascading windows and all you have to do a lot more clicking also the scanner and gauges need a lot more improvements OH almost forgot about the hardware you get this really heavy gauge cable that you cant bend easily and on the interface on one side it has a screw in connector like EFI but on the other side of interface its a slide in connector that keeps falling off ….that freaked me out cos I don’t want that to happen in the middle of uploading a tune had to tape it to the interface..

I hope both EFI and HPT do well and keep improving I have been using both but i think ill stick with EFI :rockon:

Alvin
November 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Whats great is when you read a car with HPtuners, waste the credits and everything only for the software to tell you definition file failed to load. Then you got to email support only to have a email come back "update on your login page" short, sweet, and leaving you to wonder if they addressed your problem or some other problem.

What they fail to realize is that this has happend to me almost 10 times now and probally at least 6 of those times the customer has come to me from a long ways away.. And 2 of them even had to come to me twice before the software was actually fixed.

Very frustrating.. but its somethign I have to deal with unfortunately because EFIlive doesn't support as many vehicles as Hptuners.

ScarabEpic22
November 15th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I look at it this way (never used HPTuners, EFILive only), EFILive is awesome at its focused group and HPTuners is good at more, but not awesome like EFILive. Since my I6 TB is supported by EFILive, I wouldnt even look at HPTuners, but for others who need to be able to tune more models, it is the way to go.

I would rather have a tool that does what I want really well than a tool that does a lot of things decently well.

emarkay
November 16th, 2006, 07:46 AM
BTW, any ETA on LS1 stand alone logging?

MRK

JakeGMCHD
November 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
When do we get standalone logging and flashing?

Cougar281
November 23rd, 2006, 01:42 PM
When do we get standalone logging and flashing?

I think the word is early 2007.

Cougar281
December 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there any chance a future firmware upgrade might add the ability to pull OBDII codes from vehichles other than GM?

ScarabEpic22
December 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there any chance a future firmware upgrade might add the ability to pull OBDII codes from vehichles other than GM?
I think this would be awesome, but for now I want standalone logging and tuning more!

In the future though (maybe mid-late 07), this might be a really valuable feature to have. I dont have a code reader, just my FS cables (using V2 solely now).

Blacky
December 5th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Yes, we will support code reading and clearing for all CAN based OBDII vehicles.
Regards
Paul

JakeGMCHD
December 5th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Does that mean other Brands too?

Cougar281
December 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, we will support code reading and clearing for all CAN based OBDII vehicles.
Regards
Paul

I guess no chance for non-CAN vehicles?

2002_z28_six_speed
January 13th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Whats great is when you read a car with HPtuners, waste the credits and everything only for the software to tell you definition file failed to load. Then you got to email support only to have a email come back "update on your login page" short, sweet, and leaving you to wonder if they addressed your problem or some other problem.

What they fail to realize is that this has happend to me almost 10 times now and probally at least 6 of those times the customer has come to me from a long ways away.. And 2 of them even had to come to me twice before the software was actually fixed.

Very frustrating.. but its somethign I have to deal with unfortunately because EFIlive doesn't support as many vehicles as Hptuners.

Ouch sorry to hear this!

How many customers do you get from the vehicle base that HPT serves exclusively? Like Cavalier, Cobalts, all that 4/6 cylinder stuff that EFILive doesn't cover. Just wondering.

ScarabEpic22
January 14th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Ouch sorry to hear this!

How many customers do you get from the vehicle base that HPT serves exclusively? Like Cavalier, Cobalts, all that 4/6 cylinder stuff that EFILive doesn't cover. Just wondering.

I wonder that as well, but EFILive is working on 4cyl support now and Vortec V6/V8 support is in beta (I think).

2002_z28_six_speed
January 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Well, I see the possibility in town and one would think you could tap that market. They see all talk and no action in my experience. Personally, I have found that FWD people usually put money into their radios even if you can offer them a great product/service for a couple hundred.

It is just really exciting to have a product that is going to grow in potenial even after I bought it. I mean the way it looks is that pretty any GM vehicle I buy in the future or my friends buy and I can keep this tuning package. With LS1Edit you were locked into too small a target market with most of the vehicles already out of production! (Corvette aside)

joecar
January 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Well, I see the possibility in town and one would think you could tap that market. They see all talk and no action in my experience. Personally, I have found that FWD people usually put money into their radios even if you can offer them a great product/service for a couple hundred.

It is just really exciting to have a product that is going to grow in potenial even after I bought it. I mean the way it looks is that pretty any GM vehicle I buy in the future or my friends buy and I can keep this tuning package. With LS1Edit you were locked into too small a target market with most of the vehicles already out of production! (Corvette aside)That sums it up nicely. :cheers:

2002_z28_six_speed
January 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Actually, the funny thing is that I had an Ecotec car back in 2002 and did some tranny/converter work to it. Started on the suspension and gave up. There wasn't a programmer I knew of to flash the PCM so I just stopped. I mean the engine was still be sand cast for GM engineering samples in 2000. I even had a spare engine to do the build up on but just no programmer.

Oh well. If EFILive comes out for 4 cylinder support I can still have a sandrail. V8 cars get all the cool products :)