PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor Needs Help

TheVetteDoctors
November 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Hello guys
I am having trouble tuning in SD mode with a 2002 ZO6
Tried Custom OS system
Went back to stock then followed the SD Tutorials.
With no luck. Car starts runs a few seconds it won't take any fuel.
shuts off starts up won't idle or take fuel. I have tried everything.
If anyone can help me I would be in debt to you.
I know I'm missing something but I don't know what.
Maybe someone has a file they can send me. It's a 441 with 60 LBS injectors.
The OS system ends in 3358.
Or call me @ the shop in the morning.
Thanks For your help.
Carmen
631-841-0779

Alvin
November 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Never had a issue like it before with speeddensity on a ETC vehicle but never did a speeddensity big cube ETC engine either.

I would also like some help. The thing doesn't run long enough to find what the hell is wrong and on top of that it goes into reduce power mode half the time.

also no non-MAF DTC's present!

TheVetteDoctors
November 9th, 2006, 01:33 AM
I will work on it today If i can't get to work ill tune it with the maf.

wait4me
November 9th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Send me the tune, Ill fix it for you. jessebubb@yahoo.com

Alvin
November 9th, 2006, 04:19 AM
What is the problem with them so we can all fix them?

Black02SS
November 9th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Part of his problem is the car isn't reverting to SD, so it is running lean no matter what. The DTC codes for the MAF are not setup incorrrectly.

Alvin
November 9th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I'm having the exact same issue and I set the DTC's just like I've done every other SD tune.

joecar
November 9th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Does it actually throw one of the MAF DTC's...?

joecar
November 9th, 2006, 06:26 AM
There is a parallel thread in the COS subforum, check responses here also:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=34728#post34728

Alvin
November 9th, 2006, 06:33 AM
If I remeber right as soon as it trips the code the engine dies.

447 LS2
November 9th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Any luck

TheVetteDoctors
November 9th, 2006, 06:51 AM
I want to thank black 02 ss for his help.
I am having better luck today with getting SD to work ill post up later when I know for sure what fixed my problem. Thanks again for all the help.

Alvin
November 9th, 2006, 11:59 AM
What did you guys have to do?

wait4me
November 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
There is just lots of little things that have to be set up. That is why i just have them sent over. It is alot easier to check everything in person then just asking 30 questions seperatly and waiting for an answer between each one. :)

Redline Motorsports
November 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM
There is just lots of little things that have to be set up. That is why i just have them sent over. It is alot easier to check everything in person then just asking 30 questions seperatly and waiting for an answer between each one. :)

I remember by first custom os....:bash: I had to call you 15 times! In one night! I think the tutorials are due for an update now that more eyes have looking at them. There are still things not outlined that are a must that cause 60% of the questions!:)

Howard

Chuck CoW
January 11th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I remember by first custom os....:bash: I had to call you 15 times! In one night! I think the tutorials are due for an update now that more eyes have looking at them. There are still things not outlined that are a must that cause 60% of the questions!:)

Howard

Hey there Howard....

Following those tutorials sure is fun!:bash:

Nothing like a good EFI Tutorial or a fresh install of EFI LIVE to start your week off on the right foot.....:Eyecrazy:

Chuck CoW

SSpdDmon
January 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
You should make a script since there's so many... ;)

Alvin
January 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I never posted back on my situation. Turned out to be a bad Throttle body. If you have a vette and want a 90.. get a LS2 period!

dfe1
January 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I never posted back on my situation. Turned out to be a bad Throttle body. If you have a vette and want a 90.. get a LS2 period!
Not true. I've used Comtech 90mm throttle bodies on a few C5s and haven't had any problems. They're a little more expensive than some of the other brands-- maybe that's why they work.

Alvin
January 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Why not get a 90 LS2 when they are so cheap brand new. This was a Nick Williams 90mm and he told me this is the reason why he doesn't sale them anymore.

dfe1
January 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
The LS2 throttle body isn't a straight bolt-on, (electronic issue) and they don't always work flawlessly when installed on LS1 engines. Also, some people prefer the appearance of a billet part. I don't necessarily think it's a one or the other situation, there's a place for both, depending on personal preference.

Alvin
January 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
The LS2 throttle body isn't a straight bolt-on, (electronic issue) and they don't always work flawlessly when installed on LS1 engines. Also, some people prefer the appearance of a billet part. I don't necessarily think it's a one or the other situation, there's a place for both, depending on personal preference.

I've never ever had a issue with them.. unless you try to put them on a truck which theres a solution for that.

bink
January 20th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I've never ever had a issue with them.. unless you try to put them on a truck which theres a solution for that.

Alvin - what was wrong with the NW 90mm? I have one on my car- curious??
Thanks.
:cheers:
joel

Alvin
January 20th, 2007, 04:49 AM
We are talking about the ETC 90's

bink
January 20th, 2007, 05:50 AM
We are talking about the ETC 90's
Sorry. Yes, mine is an ETC- 2001 Z06.
Fast 90 with NW 90mm TB.
:cheers: