PDA

View Full Version : D2905 with triple disk TCC?

DrX
November 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Will altering this table soften the extra kick I get when the TCC engages(particularly just after the 3>4 shift)? It's a triple disk Vig-2600 RPM stall speed. Don't want to do anything that will be detrimental to the TCC.

oztracktuning
December 26th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Does increasing it speed the rate of lockup? I guess quicker within comfort should be better in terms of longevity.

DrX
December 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
This is the description and operation of the stock TC from the service manual:

"A torque converter with an electronically controlled capacity clutch (ECCC) This transmission is equipped with an ECCC. The pressure plate does not fully lock to the torque converter cover. Instead, the pressure plate maintains a small amount of slippage, about 20 RPM, in SECOND, THIRD, and FOURTH gears, depending on the vehicle application. ECCC was developed to reduce the possibility of noise, vibration, or chuggle caused by TCC apply. Typical apply speeds are 49-52 km/h (30-32 mph) in THIRD gear and 65-73 km/h (40-45 mph) in FOURTH gear. Full lockup is available at highway speeds on some applications."

My PI Vigilante TC completely locks and at a higher speed as per the tune. Could explain why it is so noticeable. Playing with the table didn't seem to affect anything either way.

oztracktuning
May 27th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Is there any way to get the TCC to stay locked up better when you dab the brake. Mine unlocks and then the TCC slip builds to quite large negative values. Interested to know if this can be prevented.

joecar
May 27th, 2007, 06:57 AM
It seems to me that TCC release on brake apply is in the algorithm and not the tables/parameters...

unless I'm proven wrong... which is usually the case... ;)