PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Purchase but have a Few ?'s

MN C5
April 16th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I'm ready to give up on the HPT 2.0 upgrade but have a couple of questions before I purchase FlashScan.

I need to tune a boosted 03 Chev ls1 truck.

1. Will I be able to use a 2bar map with Flashscan and edit the values in my tables (basically doubling the KPA from what the table shows?) without purchasing any thing else from EFILive? Or do I have to purchase that feature? If I need to buy it I've had some trouble getting responses from
'sales@starrperformance.com.au'. Not bashing anyone, but I've sent 3 emails regarding this in the past week without a response. Need to know how much it is and how to get it..the 2bar that is...

2. Can I leave the MAF in or do I have to go straight SD. And if the MAF needs to be removed do I just need to shut off some trouble codes when its removed?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

dfe1
April 16th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I can't speak officially for EFILive, but from personal experience I can tell you FlashScan can do just about everything other tuning/scanning software does better. I've tuned an H2 with a Magnacharger and retained the MAF sensor with no problems. I didn't even go to the 2-bar set up, just handled the extra fuel needed by adjusting the PE table. FlashScan shouldn't have any problem with a 2-bar set-up. Also, you're sending e-mails to the wrong address. Send them to paul@efilive.com and you'll get a response.

MN C5
April 16th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Yes its pretty easy to tune a Roots or Twin Screw without a 2bar MAP. But its not that way with a turbo and thats what I have now.

Thanks for the tip on the email address, a new email has already been sent.

Blacky
April 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Dennis,

EFILive is a few days away (maybe a week or two at the latest) from releasing our 2-bar support.
2-bar support is speed-density only, you are required to remove (or disconnect) the MAF.

There are two versions of 2-bar support in EFILive:
1. Personal, which runs the PCM in speed density mode using only the low octane spark map with no knock control.
2. Commercial, which runs the full twin spark map with full adaptive knock control.

The Personal version requires only calibration changes, the Commercial version requires a full re-flash to convert some parts of the PCM's operating system to EFILive's customizations.

The Commercial version of EFILive costs an extra USD $150 on top of the purchase price of the Personal version. However, if you can find someone who can safely perform a full re-flash of your PCM then you can flash in our (free) customized 2-bar operating system and continue to tune it with just the Personal version. The Commercial version is only required for the initial full re-flash.

The 2-bar calibration supplied by EFILive will have all the necessary calibration changes already done, including the MAF trouble codes and MAP rescaling. You will just need to tweak it to suit your engine/SC characteristics.

You may purchase EFILive Personal Scan and Tune here:
http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4

Regards
Paul Blackmore

wait4me
April 16th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Ill help anyone get set up if i can, for anyone who buys the upgrade from them... I will also post up some multiple starter files for you guys to look at when i get them completed using the new os hacks... :) It would be worth it for everyone to convert to the comercial upgrade, 150 is pretty cheap for all the cool things that are in store :)

MN C5
April 16th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Dennis,

EFILive is a few days away (maybe a week or two at the latest) from releasing our 2-bar support.
2-bar support is speed-density only, you are required to remove (or disconnect) the MAF.

There are two versions of 2-bar support in EFILive:
1. Personal, which runs the PCM in speed density mode using only the low octane spark map with no knock control.
2. Commercial, which runs the full twin spark map with full adaptive knock control.

The Personal version requires only calibration changes, the Commercial version requires a full re-flash to convert some parts of the PCM's operating system to EFILive's customizations.

The Commercial version of EFILive costs an extra USD $150 on top of the purchase price of the Personal version. However, if you can find someone who can safely perform a full re-flash of your PCM then you can flash in our (free) customized 2-bar operating system and continue to tune it with just the Personal version. The Commercial version is only required for the initial full re-flash.

The 2-bar calibration supplied by EFILive will have all the necessary calibration changes already done, including the MAF trouble codes and MAP rescaling. You will just need to tweak it to suit your engine/SC characteristics.

You may purchase EFILive Personal Scan and Tune here:
http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4

Regards
Paul Blackmore

That was just the info I was looking for thanks for the help. I also recieved a prompt email reply now that I have the correct email address. Looking forward to using your stuff.. :D :D

SS2win
April 17th, 2005, 02:07 AM
awesome! I have been waiting for this support... now getting the commercial upgrade and monday a 2bar map sensor 8)

kp
April 17th, 2005, 05:08 AM
I'm assuming that no 2 bar will be available for 98s ?

wildwhl
April 17th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Anxiously awaiting the 2bar release. :)

Dirk Diggler
April 17th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Production 7.1.9 looks like it will be a beast

Blacky
April 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM

Once the 98 base tuning package is available, we will investigte whether or not we can provide 2-bar support. Right now we have not even investigated the possibility. I'm not saying it can't or won't be done, just that we have not looked into it yet.

Regards
Paul

kp
April 17th, 2005, 02:18 PM

Once the 98 base tuning package is available, we will investigte whether or not we can provide 2-bar support. Right now we have not even investigated the possibility. I'm not saying it can't or won't be done, just that we have not looked into it yet.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, at least there maybe is some hope then. Us 98 guys really arent that bad :)

I think its great you are making the basic 2 bar 99+ free BTW, I'll probably upgrade to the commercial version when thats available to try it on a couple other 99+ cars. I am very happy with the flashscan setup so far.

69firebird
April 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM
So what is the difference between the persnoal version, and the commercial version???

Im not totally understanding, also what kind of 2 bar sensor? one out of a TTA?/

Thanks
ed
firebird455@gmail.com

SS2win
April 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
As I understand it the commercial version allows you to reflash the entire operating system wheras the standard version only modifies the tables / area of the code that is modified. The ability to reflash the entire OS will allow you to flash a 01 OS into a 99 computer... uhh someone correct me if I am rong :shock:

GMPX
April 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM
As I understand it the commercial version allows you to reflash the entire operating system wheras the standard version only modifies the tables / area of the code that is modified. The ability to reflash the entire OS will allow you to flash a 01 OS into a 99 computer... uhh someone correct me if I am rong :shock:

Correct, plus all the upcoming EFILive custom modified O.S's that will also be free to commercial & workshop users.
A personal version will still be able to edit them just just can't flash the O.S in.

Cheers,
Ross

buschman
April 29th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Does EFILive plan to offer 3bar in the future? I'm only running 11 psi right now but plan on going higher. I like the EFI package but am curious if you guys plan to take it up a notch for big boosters? :)

Thanks,
Mike