PDA

View Full Version : Idle Parameter questions!

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Ok, I just got done rifling through a stock 05 C6 bin. While snooping through the idle parameters I don't see where you set the desired idle speed. I see a max idle speed, where is the base idle set?

Can we assume that the desired air flow table (GEN3) is now the minimum idle airflow table? Why is GM now stretching this table through all gears and rpm ranges. Is this there way of blending the throttle cracker/throttle follower in one parameter?

Howard

GMPX
November 19th, 2006, 09:53 AM
:doh: :doh: Seems I left some idle tables marked in development mode, meaning, you guys can't see them.....I'll post up a cal update ASAP with that fixed. Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Ross

EDIT - They were only marked as development in some cals, search for B1821, some will have it shown.

Redline Motorsports
November 19th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Better that we see it now that later!

What about the latter question?

Howard

MCG
November 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM
On the cam'd Ls2s that I've done, I've used that table to adjust the running airflow to gain the desired results. You can use it like a throttle cracker like what you are used to.

There are a lot of weird things that you have to do to the LS2 to make it do what you want. It especially gets weird when you do boost on them.

I've been doing the LS2s since May (unfortunately, I had to drop about $3K with HPT to do them :bawl: ), I'll try to chime in when I can to give tips and to warn you of the pitfalls that I encountered.

Now that I've got my V2, anyone want to buy a fully licensed HPT cable that is licensed for the 05 and 06 LS2s? :bash:

Redline Motorsports
November 23rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Is the new cal file up to fix this issue? If so, where is it?

Howard

GMPX
November 24th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Update on the weekend I believe with that issue fixed.

Cheers,
Ross