PDA

View Full Version : Got my V2 today! Couple Questions...

Cougar281
November 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I posted this over at DP, and figured I'd post it here to. Maybe a few different eyes here can give their input as well...

This thing is SWEET! The licensng had me freaked for a minute... Does 7.3.3/V2 read the ECM/TCM Serials differently than 7.3.2/V1? On the V1 cable it list the TCM as TCMXXXXXXXXX and the ECM as M04XXXXXXXXX. on the V2 it's listed as what I guess is the last 9 of the module's S/N (No TCM or M04). BUT... If I read the TCM info (Flash/Show PCM Info) the last 7 are 0's, and the first 4 match PART of the S/N in both cables, but there's an M at the end where there was/should be a 5. Similar with the ECM, the first four of the read info match part of the Licensed S/N, but there's an M where there was/should be a 0. Any ideas Ross or Paul?

On a somewhat unrelated note, any ideas why it doesn't seem to be flashing my VIN into the TCM? If I read my original TCM, I get the VIN, but on the EFI one, after I did a cal flash, it no longer has the VIN .

Any chance of getting a "Intiate Fast Learn" for the TCM in these at some point? (I know the software can't even do it; it would be nice to be able to just initiate FL but not clear TAPS).

Blacky
November 20th, 2006, 11:35 PM
V1 uses 12 characters of the serial number. V2 uses only the last 9.
Other than that, they should be identical (for the last 9 characters).

I'll let Ross answer the TAP question.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
November 21st, 2006, 01:34 AM
One thing that we really want to do is rewrite the override control panel to give full TechII functionality, the fast learn is a little proceedure is a little more complex than the reset TAP's but we could do it, just not sure when, but, rest assured, it will make it into Scan and V2 standalone at some stage.

The VIN on the TCM should remain untouched, I didn't quite follow your steps. (It's late, and I've had a long day :) )

Cheers.
Ross

Cougar281
November 22nd, 2006, 05:08 AM
I didn't quite follow your steps.

Not quite sure what you mean by that (and I understand the long day), but if I read the controller info with the V2 (standalone), the TCM reports a string of degree symbols (◦). With the PC based software it's either ?'s or blank. Don't remember which. Is there a way to just program the VIN in W/O a full Flash? BTW, this one isn't my "stocker". The original reports the proper VIN.

Blacky
November 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by that (and I understand the long day), but if I read the controller info with the V2 (standalone), the TCM reports a string of degree symbols (◦). With the PC based software it's either ?'s or blank. Don't remember which. Is there a way to just program the VIN in W/O a full Flash? BTW, this one isn't my "stocker". The original reports the proper VIN.
It appears the VIN change option (for the 5 speed auto) is not available in the Tuniung Tool software. It will be added in the next update.

You can reprogram the VIN using the Scan Tool software. Under the menu option: Bidirectional->Change VIN

Regards
Paul