PDA

View Full Version : Problems with upgrading V2 from scan only to scan and tune...

DngrZne
November 22nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'm having a difficult time upgrading the device from scan only to scan and tune. I've updated the FlashScan files and after entering the upgrade code it continues to say that it is a scan only device. I was able to get the code to enter a few times and it said that the upgrade was complete and to restart the program, but it still seems like it hasn't actually updated, and now every time I try to enter it I get an error that the code is incorrect.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Trippin
November 22nd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Make sure you get the date right. Everybody seems to mess up when entering the date.

DngrZne
November 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
As far as I can tell the date is fine. The email said 20061122 so I entered 22 Nov 2006. The FlashScan itself is fine. The problem is when I go into the "FlashScan V2 Licensing" menu and try to do the upgrade. At first it was giving me problems, so I tried switching to lower case and it said upgrade completed, restart the software. I did that and nothing in the V2 Licensing menu had changed. It still says it is a scan only device. Tried this a few more times and was successful a few times just as the first time, but after the restart the license status was still the same. Now it just says the code is wrong every time.

Beer99C5
November 23rd, 2006, 12:32 AM
I had a similiar problem with V1,

Chad had me delete C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\license.txt and then re-enter the info, that solved it in my case.

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 02:51 AM
What version/build number are you using on the software?

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 04:00 AM
Im having similar problems... Its telling me check the upgrade code again.

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 04:03 AM
V7.3.3 Build 525

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 04:25 AM
The problem he is having isn't in the program, its getting the interface upgraded from Scan only to Scan and Tune so deleting the license file won't help. I have sent a email to Paul and Ross on this matter and will see what they have to say when they wake up. I am sorry for the troubles that people are having and we will get them resolved ASAP.

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
I figured out the problem and got it to work now. The firmware version in my V2 was 2.04.38 and when I ran the firmware update program I found a version 2.04.39. After flashing to this new version all is working. :cheers: Just hold down the Ctrl button when you plug it in to enter the correct mode to do the firmware update and run the program.

Thanks for your help everyone,
Chris

Bruce Melton
November 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
With great interest, where did you find .39?

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
In the \EFILive\V7 directory look for the file named FSProg_V2_4_39.ffw

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
I tried doing the firmware update to .39, but it cant find the V2 device for some reason. So i clicked on Status and it told me that the device is in "Dead-Poll" mode. The thing is I can see the V2 interacting with the changes i do on the PC by giving me a USB MODE screen. So i know they are talking, but for some reason they can't understand each other I guess.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 09:13 AM
V7.3.3 Build 525

My firmware programmer is V2.04.02 (build 32) :confused:

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM
I tried doing the firmware update to .39, but it cant find the V2 device for some reason. So i clicked on Status and it told me that the device is in "Dead-Poll" mode. The thing is I can see the V2 interacting with the changes i do on the PC by giving me a USB MODE screen. So i know they are talking, but for some reason they can't understand each other I guess.

Try starting the firmware program, and then hold down the Ctrl button on the V2 as you are plugging it in. The two yellow lights should blink alternately and the screen should be blank to let you know it's in Dead-Poll mode. If you got the message that it wasn't in Dead-Poll mode and it was reading USB on the screen then it wasn't in the proper mode.

My FlashScan is version 7.3.3, not the firmware updater version

Chris

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 10:09 AM
Sorry about the confusion guys. I didn't even think about the firmware update. The update is included in the 525 release that addresses issues with not being able to upgrade from scan only to scan and tune. It will be available to the public here soon.

You will need to enter dead poll on the interface before you can upgrade the firmware. The instructions on how to do this are in the manuals..

Sorry again for the troubles guys.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 10:09 AM
The problem is that I can't see the .38 information in the firmware window to begin with. Maybe thats the problem?

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Are you able to get into Dead-Poll mode?

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Check your tuning tool version. It should be build 525. If you didn't update to the latest version I sent you then you won't see the latest update.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Are you able to get into Dead-Poll mode?

No I couldnt.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Check your tuning tool version. It should be build 525. If you didn't update to the latest version I sent you then you won't see the latest update.

Yes i have 525 version.

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Like said above, hold down the ctrl and F2 buttons on the interface. Then plug the unit into the computer.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
Like said above, hold down the ctrl and F2 buttons on the interface. Then plug the unit into the computer.

I did that... Still im getting the same error. When i open the firmware page i get blank fields. Could that be the problem?

Check the screen shots

Black02SS
November 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Explain in detail how you are trying to get the unit into Dead Poll status. This is a must or the firmware upgrade won't work.

DngrZne
November 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
I did that... Still im getting the same error. When i open the firmware page i get blank fields. Could that be the problem?

Check the screen shots

Let me just make sure...you're holding down the buttons on the V2, not on your computer, right? Even with all the software closed and just the USB cable plugged in the V2 should still be able to go into Dead-Poll mode. On mine I was doing it just holding down the Ctrl button. Just with the unit unplugged hold down the Ctrl button and while holding it plug in the USB cable. You will see the display light up, but be blank, and the two orange LEDs will alternate on the front.

Chris

Ninety8C5
November 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
I updated the firmware from the 'Start, Programs, EFILive Menu. There was the Scan Tool, Tune Tool and Update Firmware choice,etc. I'm not at my computer right now, but I am sure the firmware is ...39 in my V2.

I hope that helps and works for everyone else.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Let me just make sure...you're holding down the buttons on the V2, not on your computer, right? Even with all the software closed and just the USB cable plugged in the V2 should still be able to go into Dead-Poll mode. On mine I was doing it just holding down the Ctrl button. Just with the unit unplugged hold down the Ctrl button and while holding it plug in the USB cable. You will see the display light up, but be blank, and the two orange LEDs will alternate on the front.

Chris

Yes... The F2 on the V2... Im not getting two orange leds... Im only seeing the one on the right that blinks.

I have no clue whats wrong with it. I checked the V2 button in the V2 and it works and the ctrl button in my PC works. So im out of ideas now.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Explain in detail how you are trying to get the unit into Dead Poll status. This is a must or the firmware upgrade won't work.

I tried all the ways possible. I tried to hold the ctrl first and then F2 and plug in while firmware programe is open. I tried the same thing without having the program open.. I tried holding the F2 before the ctrl and nothing changed. I tried holding both at the same time before plugging in the USB port. I even tried to plug the USB in the PC while the V2 is not plugged and then plug the other side of the USB in the V2 and it still didnt work.

LSs1Power
November 23rd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks to Chad he told me that i have to hold the F2 and Ctrl on the V2 at the same time... It worked now.... I was holding the F2 on the V2 and the ctrl on the PC. Anyways I hope this helps anyone who have a problem like mine.

Thanks everyone

Blacky
November 23rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
The F2 key plays no role in selecting dead-poll mode. Just hold down the Ctrl key on FlashScan's keypad when powering up FlashScan (i.e. when connecting the USB cable).

Once dead-poll mode has been engaged successfully, the two orange LEDs will flash alternately.

Then, and only then can the firmware be updated. It's just a safeguard against accidentally upgrading the firmware.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM
V7.3.3 Build 525

Where does one get V7.3.3 Build 525? I have build 520 posted earlier (andcame on the V2 CD). Are there any fixes, and what's the difference between the 2.4.38 and the 2.4.39 V2 firmware?

TAQuickness
November 26th, 2006, 02:22 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=35054#post35054

Bruce Melton
November 26th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Where does one get V7.3.3 Build 525? I have build 520 posted earlier (andcame on the V2 CD). Are there any fixes, and what's the difference between the 2.4.38 and the 2.4.39 V2 firmware?

Not sure where 525/.39 lurks?

Black02SS
November 26th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Its not available for download to the public yet as far as I know.