PDA

View Full Version : Which WBO2 would work the best for......

Rhino79
November 23rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
So what do you guys think would work the best for moving from vehicle to vehicle frequently? I know that EFILive is already set up for the LC-1, LM-1, PLX, and a few others, but I have heard good things about the AEM setup that has the controller in the display and it is supposed to be very portable. Is there a way to set up that WBO2 where I can use it like LC-1 for my BEN?

TAQuickness
November 23rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
you just have to know what the output from the WB controller looks like. From there, you're just a custom PID away.

That being said, I think the LC-1 could be made portable fairly easy.

Ira
November 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
The only things you need to make a wideband portable is a cigarette lighter plug or some other easy way to get power, a dedicated plug on the analog output so you can easily connect and disconnect from your EFILive cable and a big wrench so you can take the sensor in and out easily. It helps to be able to easily unplug the sensor so you don't twist the cable when taking it in and out. And if you're willing an exhaust pipe clamp like the one Innovate sells makes it even easier but it does make the readings less accurate, especially at idle.

Ira

SSpdDmon
November 24th, 2006, 05:48 AM
LM-1....no doubt.

Black02SS
November 24th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Another vote here for LM1. I have used mine COUNTELSS times in and out of cars without fail. Very durable and a great unit.

minytrker
November 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Add 1 more for the LM1. Use mine almost everyday in and out of cars without a problem.

highperf
November 27th, 2006, 03:31 PM
if I was going portable I would think LM-1. If you want stealth. I say go LC-1 you can easily hide that bugger. or completely integrate it, like so:

(http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1109&stc=1&d=1164681048)

VetPet
November 27th, 2006, 03:41 PM
LM-1 gets my vote. The display is great and it's a pretty tough unit.

:cheers: