PDA

View Full Version : Idle Tuning

lplott
November 24th, 2006, 06:46 AM
What AFR are you guys trying to tune to for idle at normal ops temp 14.63 or something leaner?

I have a Map logging IACDES_B by ECT, but all the readings log in PARK/NEUTRAL and I have a MN6 but my Desired Air Flow by ECT has both In Gear and Park/Neutral columns with all the data in the In Gear column.
Is something wrong here?

Thanks
Lonnie

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Not sure about every one else, but my bird likes 13.6-13.8 at idle

MCG
November 24th, 2006, 02:31 PM
9.12:1 A/F

Oh, but mines on alcohol :muahaha:

Black02SS
November 24th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Depending on the car anywhere from 13.8 to 15.0

VetPet
November 24th, 2006, 03:20 PM
9.12:1 A/F

Oh, but mines on alcohol :muahaha:

You should join the alcoholics anonymous forum! :hihi:

TAQuickness
November 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
nah... alcoholics want to quit

VetPet
November 26th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Just to add something here and please correct me if I'm wrong. The best idle you will get is when you're making the most vacuum. To optimize your idlle, the combination of timing and afr will be such that you make the most vacuum. Make sure to scan your vacuum as you adjust your timing and afr and look for the point at which you make the most vacuum. Now, you do have to be careful because although adding more timing may smooth out your idle it will also cause your car to surge. Add timing slowly and once you reach the point where your vacuum reading no longer changes stop. You may even want to back off the timing a degree or to at that point to see if it makes any difference. Before making changes, always give the engine a chance to stabilize itself. As has been stated, use the bidirectional controls in the scan tool.

:cheers:

ringram
November 26th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Highest vacuum and leanest is what I understand. "lean best idle" on google will throw a few hits.