PDA

View Full Version : LC-1/Wideband Gauge Questions

shallow bay
November 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm getting ready to install my LC-1 this weekend and I have a few questions.

1) Where is a good place to get a switched 12V power source? I was going to use the power wire from the ASR, but I already tapped into that for my halo's. Would I have any problems if I used that same wire for my LC-1?

2) Where is the best place to run the signal and system ground wires to?

3) On the wideband gauge instructions, it says the following: "NOTE: DO NOT RUN ANY GAUGE OR CONTROLLER WIRES NEAR IGNITION WIRES!" Can anyone explain to me why you shouldn't do that? Would I be fine if I ran the wires from my wideband gauge located in A-Pillar, down the side of the dash, under the drivers side kick panel and into the center console?

highperf
November 24th, 2006, 04:11 PM
There are a few places you can get the 12v source. I actually used a dedicated switched 12v connection, so maybe others can suggest an easier source.

I would suggest you run the grounds out to the engine bay. In particular connect the system ground directly to the block. The LC-1 is a bit fussy about ground. Before powering up the unit check and double check for good ground.

I believe they warn against getting close to ignition wires because the the low voltage can pick-up noise from the ignition. Essentially distorting the signal. You should be fine where you want to put them. You could shield them but that would be overkill IMO.

Jim

shadowskill
April 25th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Also, ignition system pulls more current (when cranking).

mr.prick
April 25th, 2010, 03:18 AM
There should be a slot in the fusebox with 12v switched.
I used the power & ground from the rear NBO2s.
Keep the system ground (white) and analog ground(green) separated.