PDA

View Full Version : Reflashing BCM?

Highlander
April 5th, 2004, 05:57 AM
I was wondering if this is in plan for you guys or never saw the possibility for this.

I believe GM does BCM reflashing... regarding the c5 i am a bit interested in maybe dealing with the active handling tables. I have not found these tables inside the PCM so somehow they must be related to the BCM.

What I am really interested is that GM has made software enhancements to the active handling system through out the years and it would be nice to be able to "adapt" these enhancements as well as making the system work for you also in the way of allowing x% slip in the rear tires for optimal launch control and similar things.

What do you guys think about this?

I believe the hardware for this would be the same as flash scan as it is or could be done via the aldl port. Now I am not sure if that stuff can be reflashed or not in a GM vehicle...

Let me know

66ImpalaLT1
April 5th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I have been told that the BCM cant be flashed exactly, but I know that it has settings that are non volatile.

Highlander
April 5th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Funny thing ... the SPS flashes the BCM... if I had that upgrade I would surely post the protocol being used.

emarkay
April 6th, 2004, 04:25 AM
The BCM can be read to clear error codes, but it's "programmability" - need to "learn" is nil when compared to PCM, therefore "flashing" would seem unnecessary, except for a complete OS change.

However, as for future Scan Tool progress, what about the following:

Support for the "U" codes (class II communication malfunctions), the 2 digit BCM DTC's, the "B" codes (BCM malfunctions) as well as active testing, like enabling the the IC WOW mode (for testing instrument clusters - IPC), and other module support, like the EBCM (ABS/ASR), the SDM (SIR module)?

Steve Bryant
April 6th, 2004, 05:10 AM
However, as for future Scan Tool progress, what about the following:

What about it? In my opinion, it sounds great! More versatility in a most versatile program!

Highlander
April 6th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I guess it would be a complete OS change... It would be a good idea to be able to make updates to the BCM and the ASR Active Handling or be able to change it (if tables where available) to your needs.