PDA

View Full Version : auto ve for ls2

minytrker
November 28th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I haven't had a chance to play with any ls2's yet since getting my V2. I downloaded a couple of ls2 tunes and looked them though. Whats going to me the major differnces in doing auto ve on a ls2.

TAQuickness
November 29th, 2006, 01:52 AM
The concept is the same, but I've heard that the LS2 VE's are best done in small steps - could be a matter of matching units though.

redhardsupra
November 29th, 2006, 05:52 AM
units are directly proportional, there should be no difference, 5% off is the same on whatever unit you use, that's why we do it in % ;)
i been tuning some big cam LS2's lately, and with a wideband that doesn't fail every 2hrs of use, coughLC1cough, they get in line very quickly.

MCG
November 29th, 2006, 09:35 AM
units are directly proportional, there should be no difference, 5% off is the same on whatever unit you use, that's why we do it in % ;)
i been tuning some big cam LS2's lately, and with a wideband that doesn't fail every 2hrs of use, coughLC1cough, they get in line very quickly.

Ditto. The process is pretty much what you are used to doing.

Wait until you run into the limit of 63# injectors on the LS2s :bash:

TAQuickness
November 29th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ditto. The process is pretty much what you are used to doing.

Wait until you run into the limit of 63# injectors on the LS2s :bash:

poor guy :bawl:

:D

MCG
November 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM
poor guy :bawl:

:D
2005 GTO, 10#ATI, 3 Methanol injectors, headers, catback.

http://www.mccordcg.com/pcm/dynocharts/05atigto.gif

TAQuickness
November 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Now you're breaking my heart!

What's the RPM range?

MCG
November 29th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Now you're breaking my heart!

What's the RPM range?

1800rpm thru 6800rpm. We just changed over to 55# injectors which rate out at 63# with the fuel pressure :mad: That is the reason that we had to go to 3 methanol injectors to balance the fuel, plus the 115 octane doesn't hurt. I originally put in a set of 90# injectors, but the car was hardly driveable. That totally wacked out the computer no matter how much I tried to tweak the VE. Low speed drivability stunk no matter how much I tweaked the pulse definitions. They just didn't have enough resolution on the bottom end and it really made for some strange VE numbers. This was the best solution.

redhardsupra
November 29th, 2006, 12:42 PM
2005 GTO, 10#ATI, 3 Methanol injectors, headers, catback.

ok, so how have you dealt with the IFR limit? just overcompensate with ridiculous PE values depending purely on rpm?

MCG
November 29th, 2006, 04:51 PM
ok, so how have you dealt with the IFR limit? just overcompensate with ridiculous PE values depending purely on rpm?

I used a spreadsheet to develop what the injector flow ratings vs map should be and put that into another spreadsheet. Then, I took the maximum value and figured out the percentage difference at each map level. Using those values, you can scale the area of the MAP to get yourself at least in the ballpark to do an auto tune. It just complicates matters a bit, but it is a decent work around.

oztracktuning
December 19th, 2006, 02:12 AM
How can i unplug the Maf and still get IATs in an Australian LS2 so that i can get the VE table accurate in speed density mode ??

I want to do this and then dial in the maf perfectly. But the IAT and MAF are in the same plug. Is there a simple solution ? or am i overlooking something?

redhardsupra
December 19th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I used a spreadsheet to develop what the injector flow ratings vs map should be and put that into another spreadsheet. Then, I took the maximum value and figured out the percentage difference at each map level. Using those values, you can scale the area of the MAP to get yourself at least in the ballpark to do an auto tune. It just complicates matters a bit, but it is a decent work around.
mind posting a copy of that spreadsheet? i've been working on something similar lately, but i dont wanna reinvent the wheel...

ringram
December 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM
How can i unplug the Maf and still get IATs in an Australian LS2 so that i can get the VE table accurate in speed density mode ??

I want to do this and then dial in the maf perfectly. But the IAT and MAF are in the same plug. Is there a simple solution ? or am i overlooking something?

I thought I read something on the ls1gto site about guys taking the MAF pins out of the connector and plugging it back in with just the IAT wires.

Another guy made up a little converter with the correct plugs to take the 5 pin in and only connect the IAT 2 wires through the other side into the MAF.

Maybe start with option 1 until you have built an option 2 adapter ?

oztracktuning
December 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM
The problem is i need it to go mafless just temporarily while tuning the car.

ringram
December 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thats ok either method is reversible with a few minutes.

Just buy a male and female MAF plug socket and join them with the 2 relevant IAT wires. Use it in the middle of the pcm maf lead and the actual maff connection when tuning and remove it when finished.
Job done.

oztracktuning
December 19th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Can both the male and female MAF plug socket be bought easily

ringram
December 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Someone here posted a link to some dude who sells all the stuff. They were dead cheap. It was a member on here.. Maybe someone will post it back up.