PDA

View Full Version : Large cam idle help

VHR
December 1st, 2006, 01:48 PM
I have an ls1 camaro(00) with a large cam 302/308 109cl and I can not get it to idle. Any thoughts on where to start? This is a track only car.

ringram
December 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Lovely cam mate. I bet is sounds like satan coughing.
Luckily you can use Custom OS5 which allows you to fuel from TPS and RPM, that should help you emensely. Do a search under the custom os threads fr OS5, I think there may even be a sticky.
You can transition to MAP at the upper end of the RPM range, but Ive heard Alpha-N (TPS) fueling is best for power anyway, so perhaps you want to run solely off the TPS table in OS5.

Disired Airflow will be a good start point for you too. Plus base idle tables and Id say you would want to run in open loop all the time.

PS: Send us an idle clip when you have it tamed

NewV
December 2nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
I bet is sounds like satan coughing.

:muahaha:

oztracktuning
December 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Try lots of timing in the base spark tables eg around 30 degrees in the cells that match idle , a richer than 14.7:1 mixture and add air in the desired airflow table to help it keep idling when you get off the throttle. Use the 0005 custom operating system and enable the throttle percentage fueling below the rpm it idles at and a few hundred rpm above. It takes a bit to get the TPS VE table right - but it will be worth it.

VHR
December 3rd, 2006, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am so glad I went with EFI Live. Os5 would seem to be just what I need. I downloaded the tutorial and I'm sure this wont be the last time I'll have to ask for help.

Ringram, it does sound like a real race motor, esp considering open headers for the time being. I'd love to post a sound clip for you-however I have no idea of how the heck to do that.

ringram
December 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
If you email it to me rich (at) efilive.eu Ill post it up.
Unless you dont have a recording of it either.. In which case no worries. Ill imagine it :D

VetPet
December 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Only one word to describe how that thing must sound.....EVIL :evil:

"The devil made me do it"