PDA

View Full Version : Who actually read the entire User Manuals?

AustinL911A
December 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm in the process of doing it myself, since I'm completely new to this game. Am I the only retarded one who's taking the time to read this? :Eyecrazy:

I actually printed out all ~300 pages in color, front and back, put each page in their own individual protective plastic cover, and filed them in a binder. I did this so I can read it anywhere in my spare time. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I even stamped 'TOP SECRET' on the cover page of the binder. :muahaha: :D

Well, that's basically it. Just curious who else actually read the thing cover to cover.

So far: :master: EFILive

Tordne
December 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
I did in the early days :)

Ira
December 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
I've read most or possibly all of it and written a small bit.

Ira

Black02SS
December 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
I still go back and use it to look for information. Its a great resource and a lot of the functionality is explained.

minytrker
December 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
I did the same thing, keep the binder in my backpack along with my other tuning stuff.

Doc
December 4th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I found Appendix B in the tuning tool manual very key to comprhending the whole process.

joecar
December 4th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I read all of the earlier versions of the scan tool and tune tool manuals. :Eyecrazy:

TAQuickness
December 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM
It has a manual?

Garry
December 4th, 2006, 08:15 AM
What's a manual?

kbracing96
December 4th, 2006, 08:36 AM
What's a manual?

I though that was like the answers in the back of the book, is for checking your work after your done.:D:cheers:

Chevy366
December 4th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I'm with "Garry" and "TAQuickness" , manual ?, what manual ?

Ira
December 4th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I'm with "Garry" and "TAQuickness" , manual ?, what manual ?

Go to the Help menu in the program. The manuals are supplied as PDF files.

Ira

emarkay
December 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Manuals? Oh yea I remember them... :)

They are well written (and edited), aren't they? ;)

Chevy366
December 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Go to the Help menu in the program. The manuals are supplied as PDF files.

Ira

Ira , just joking there , I know where the manuals are . :Eyecrazy:
Hey you can veiw them in Linux . :)

GM

VetPet
December 4th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yes.......I too have read all of the manuals :Eyecrazy: as well as printing them and putting them into binders. I'm also one of those that actually reads their entire owners manual.......I'm such a freak!

Maybe next time we could have automatics instead of manuals :D

:cheers:

Redline Motorsports
December 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I read the "cliff notes" as in surfing this forum day in and day out! LOL!!

I actually just reprinted the manual today to re-read it. Now that I have spent two years with the software, reading it again makes more sense.

Howard

Chuck L.
August 30th, 2007, 10:57 AM
And, i'm so dumb that I can't get them to print!
I've gone thru, and chosen the pages I want to print. When I command print, I get a popup saying printer can't start, is printer ready?
No way to respond to the ?.
Do I have to save this as another type of file, in order to print it?
TIA!

Blacky
August 30th, 2007, 11:49 AM
The docs are just Adobe PDF format and should print fine if the printer and the PC are configured correctly.

Have you downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader?
Avalable here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Regards
Paul

Chuck L.
August 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
The docs are just Adobe PDF format and should print fine if the printer and the PC are configured correctly.

Avalable here:

Regards
Paul
Paul, I have Adobe 8, and I have made sure the printer is selected as the default printer.
One thing I have seen is the "print" button has disappeared, and I now have to go to file, then to the print options to find the "print" button. Strange. I'm sure it's something I'm not seeing... I'll get DFE1 to help, later.
Thanks!

Chuck L.
August 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Avalable here:

Regards
Paul
I deleted the Adobe version 8, and reloaded the latest. Works fine, now. Must have been a corrupted part of the old program.

THANKS!