PDA

View Full Version : Demo mode only on house PC

ls1powered
December 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Hi.. I have the Flashscan V2 interface and EFILive 7.3.3 loaded on my laptop and my desktop in the house. The cable never gets hooked up to my desktop.

I want to use my desktop to modify my tune and then transfer it to my laptop for flashing my ECM.

My problem is I cannot get EFILive to run out of Demo mode. I selected Help - Register EFILive, put in my serial and key but I still cannot get it to run out of Demo mode.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Rhino79
December 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM
It's because the Flashscan cable is not connected......if you connect the cable and install the Driver to you desktop you'll be good to go. The Cable has to be connected to Save the tunes though.

dc_justin
December 5th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Go to the help menu, then Register EFI Live and fill out that information. That'll take care of that problem for you.

TAQuickness
December 6th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Make sure when you enter the date that you have the year right too.

ls1powered
December 6th, 2006, 03:23 AM
I didn't hook up the cable but I did select "Help -> Register EFILive" and fill in all the information, serial, key and date.

I'll give it another shot when I get home tonight (I'm at work now).

Worst case I guess I just hook up the cable. Thought maybe I was missing something..

dc_justin
December 6th, 2006, 06:46 AM
I didn't hook up the cable but I did select "Help -> Register EFILive" and fill in all the information, serial, key and date.

I'll give it another shot when I get home tonight (I'm at work now).

Worst case I guess I just hook up the cable. Thought maybe I was missing something..

The usual thing that people enter in incorrectly is the date. It must be the date that was on the registration card that came with the flashscan, not the date it was purchased.

ls1powered
December 6th, 2006, 07:51 AM
The usual thing that people enter in incorrectly is the date. It must be the date that was on the registration card that came with the flashscan, not the date it was purchased.

I used the date on the card... :confused:

ls1powered
December 6th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'm home, I had the wrong year.. Naturally it's user error.

All is good :)