PDA

View Full Version : Question on MAF and VE tables...

CGTMS
December 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Hello all,

If you are using MAF then how do the VE tables come into play? I understand if I disable the MAF, then to car uses the VE tables...but with MAF enabled, are they used and if so, when? I am tring to understand why the LS1 has both.

Any recommended threads or documents I could read on this? Thanks so much!
:)

joecar
December 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM
CGTMS, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

My understanding:
Below 4000 RPM, PCM uses combination of MAF and VE, and especially uses VE during transient conditions;
Above 4000 RPM, PCM uses MAF mostly.

Joe

CGTMS
December 6th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome and information Joe! :thankyou2:

Nate

dc_justin
December 6th, 2006, 07:50 AM
CGTMS, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

My understanding:
Below 4000 RPM, PCM uses combination of MAF and VE, and especially uses VE during transient conditions;
Above 4000 RPM, PCM uses MAF mostly.

Joe

Yep, and that 4K is adjustable via B0120.

TAQuickness
December 6th, 2006, 08:17 AM
CGTMS - Welcome to the forum! Don't hesitate to post up any other questions you may have.

CGTMS
December 6th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks! I have been reading this form for the last few days now. I must say it is one of the most positive and supportive forms I have been on! I get my Flash Scan V2 this week! I can't wait to get started with it.

I have much to learn....so I will keep reading. Thanks for the support.

Nate

VetPet
December 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Welcome aboard! You've become a member of a great forum with people that will go that extra step to help you out with any problems you're having, something I can say from firsthand experience. No place better to be.

:cheers:

Redline Motorsports
December 7th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Welcome!

No dum,b questions asked! I still continue to ask dumb questions and still get them answered! :cheers:

Howard :)