PDA

View Full Version : Idle Tuning Question

BrianC98Z28
December 6th, 2006, 06:55 PM
What pids are you all logging for idle tuning?? Im fighting my cam'd car to get it to idle right but not having any luck. I hate the surging and bucking at low speed driving and sometime when i let off the gas to quick the rpms will fall and itll start surging and then die. Warm starts are iffy also because itll crank but wont start started unless I rev it up to get it to stay on. So what PIDs are you all logging to get the idle nailed down. thanks

Brian

SSpdDmon
December 7th, 2006, 02:51 AM
You should be watching the throttle cracker and throttle follower airflow .pids to see how they're affecting your idle airflow. You also need to keep an eye on your desired airflow and your idle trims (RAFIG/RAFPN). Log those along with AFR related .pids (fuel trims or WBO2), #1 cylinder spark, dyncylair_dma (grams/sec), speed sensor, and temperature related (ECT/IAT) .pids. It also might not hurt to log IAC steps too. Those .pids should give you a good idea of what's going on. Then, it's just a matter of making the right judgement around which table(s) are causing the issues you are seeing.