PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Trying to install V7.3.3 following a sudden problem with the Scan Tool of V7.3.2.

I get an error message box 1309. What now then???? :mad:

http://www.eneily.net/index_files/EFi Install Error.pdf

Tordne
December 7th, 2006, 09:50 AM
That is a pretty strange file location!! Have you tried installing to the default locations:

Programs: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7
Personal: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\EFILive\V7

Cheers,

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Well how do I do that? There is an almighty zip file with no installation instructions.

Tordne
December 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Extract the zip and run the EXE file in the root directory of the extracted folder. Then just install using all defaults.

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, that is what I did (setup.exe) and followed the instructions (default install directory etc). Then the error box appears.

ringram
December 7th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Try moving the zip file to the root of the drive and extract into a folder there.
Maybe its path length or spaces or something.

Check your av or anti spyware isnt messing with stuff too.

Worse case I can take a look on Sat.

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Ah, I have fixed the problem using the extract command rather than drag & drop. Now to fix the problem with the 'slow' log playback. Richard, will send you a mail tomorrow.

Thanks for your help chaps.

Tordne
December 7th, 2006, 04:39 PM
How many channels do you have selected to log? There is a difference between the number of PIDs and the Channels they require. To get 10fps logging you need to have a maximum of 24 channels selected.

By default the Scan Tool settings will log at 10fps, and I assume that because this is a new install you wouldn't have changed those :)

NAH
December 7th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I think I've sussed the problem & posted in the Scanning forum - here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3639&page=2

Thanks.