PDA

View Full Version : VE Table >100% normal?

Chalky
December 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I did a VE/MAF tune this Summer on Headers LS6. VE's maxed at 107 around 4800 rpm.

I compared my VE table with cars with heads and cam and headers, their tables were maxing at 99%. All things being equal, wouldn't the heads/cam cars VE tables exceed my max of 107%?

Blacky
December 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Some calibrations have the engine displacement set wrong from the factory. Check the calibration {B0104} and make sure it is accurate for your engine size:

5.7 Liter (LS1) engiens should be set to 0.7086
6.0 liter (LS2) engines should be set to 0.7455

The B0104 value must be correct or the VE % wil not display correctly.

Regards
Paul

Chalky
December 7th, 2006, 10:56 PM
B0104 is right on @ 43.2 CI. per cylinder.

TAQuickness
December 7th, 2006, 10:59 PM
how's your fuel pressure at WOT?

Chalky
December 8th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Fuel Pressure was 52 PSI!!

eboggs_jkvl
December 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Might need a little gas there bub. I'm running a minimum of 58 PSI at WOT and I actually increase it as I get into boost (1 PSI of fuel per 1 PSI of boost). Hanging it all out, My fuel PSI is 70.5 PSI.

You are NA but the fuel pressure seems to be down from the normal 58 to 52? It might be an issue.

Chalky
December 8th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Just plain stupid at times. Sorry but FP is 58. To dependent on memory at times.

wait4me
December 8th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Well that number would have been fixing something else Fueling wise in the tune. For NA cars it would have to be a massively efficient cam to make over 100 Ve.

When you fix the ve table with The auto tuning proceedure, you are Fixing all the fueling issues by using that one table. So if it is higher or lower in a certain area than the Engines Ve really is, then that just means that you fixed some other issue from another table.

You can change the needs of the ve table by even having the wrong Injector flow rate set in the car. So if you see the whole table at 100kpa being over 100% could just mean that you have your injectors scaled wrong and by moving it down will allow the ve numbers to come down to a more TRUE reading.

On the B0104 Table though. Yes it is used for alot of things, But sometimes it is not good to put in the accurate number of your displacement. The Spark tables go off of The amount of air the engine consumes, Well, If you make that number bigger, the resolution of your Spark tables goes to crap. For Example on my 458 small block ls7 engine, If i put in the correct displacement, the spark table pegs at 800 rpms if i floor it,. So for me to have a real spark table to use i had to lower my number so it will actually be able to adjust spark correctly. If not i had on throttle of off. lol Not much resolution.

Chalky
December 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
IFW is set to factory specs.

I have to go through and do another VE/MAF tune this Spring as I recently added heads and a cam. Maybe it will come back closer to 100%.:nixweiss: