PDA

View Full Version : Programs

goldz28
December 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I have not yet purchased a tuning program but would like more feedback than from what you get reading the manufacturers description. I need a program that can cancel codes like rear o2's and do a good tune. I have a 98 camaro z28 ls-1. Is EFIlive fairly easy to learn is there a steep learning curve etc. Just some basic stuff from anybody who knows what they are doing would be great to help me decide what I want to get...
Thanks in advance

Black02SS
December 9th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. The best way to answer your question, is for you to try it yourself.

http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV732_416_540_467.exe

That is a free demo you may download. You can go through various files to see what is avaiilable, move around through the program, and check out everything efilive has to offer. You will find that it may be intimidating at first, but you will get that with any programming software. The nice thing with efilive is a search feature to help. If you are looking for O2 tables, just type in O2 or Oxygen sensor and it will take you to every table that deals with it. I have used ever program available to the LSx motor and feel that this package is the easiest to use and learn. The guys here on the forums are always more then willing to help out with any questions you may have to help get you going. Remember, we all started with no knowledge just like you.

ringram
December 9th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Of course well all think its the best solution. So dont hesitate, just buy. It will do all you want and more.
Oh take a look at www.holdencrazy.com for tunes too.

TAQuickness
December 9th, 2006, 06:31 AM
As far as learning curve, learning to tune a fuel injected motor has a steep learning curve. Learning to use EFILive has a minimal learning curve. Fortunately for you, there are many more knowledgeable resources to help you learn to tune than when some of us started out.

Download a demo of the software and give it a test drive. As you are checking out various tunes and have questions as to how tables relate to each other and drivability, post up. We're more than glad to help.

And welcome to the forum GoldZ28