PDA

View Full Version : new dumb and green

slowtruck
December 10th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Just getting started. Sent ? to EFI twice w/ no responce so thought Id throw it here.

Im an old autotap guy with no exp. here. I just recieved my software and trying to get started.

After loading software on laptop and connecting to vehicle. It will connect but no pids will show acctive. None are available. Im reading again through directions and the only thing I did not put in info is the Operating system Code. Is this nessasary and where can that code be found on the ecu.

Also when I only plug in the handheld programmer to the truck w/o the Laptop it says I need to upgrade.:nixweiss: this is supposed to be the latest version. Help if you can Thanks.

TAQuickness
December 10th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Welcome to the forum slowtruck.

I've PM'd Paul with your question. He should respond in the near future.

slowtruck
December 10th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks for your help

wait4me
December 10th, 2006, 04:32 AM
call me on monday, ill walk you thru.

The Scan tool tutorial is also good reading. It is in the help button/ tutorials tab at the top.

slowtruck
December 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Call you where??

Thanks.

Blacky
December 10th, 2006, 07:31 AM
If you purchased an upgrade from FlashScan V1 to FlashScan V2, then the screen will show "Upgrade Pending...", until you perform the V1 to V2 upgrade process. That process is explained in the Quick Start Book that is shipped in the V2 box.

If you purchased the retail version of FlashScan V2, and were incorrectly sent an upgrade unit, you can obtain an upgrade bypass code from EFILive. That code will remove the upgrade requirement from your FlashScan V2 unit.

To obtain an upgrade bypass code, please send your FlashScan V2 serial number and proof of purchase of your FlashScan V2 unit to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
JIm an old autotap guy with no exp. here. I just recieved my software and trying to get started.

After loading software on laptop and connecting to vehicle. It will connect but no pids will show acctive. None are available. Im reading again through directions and the only thing I did not put in info is the Operating system Code. Is this nessasary and where can that code be found on the ecu.
The PIDs must be validated before they will show up in the [PIDs (F8)] tab page. To validate the PIDs:
1. Turn on the vehicle's ignition.
2. Connect FlashScan (or your AutoTap cable) to the vehicle, and the PC.
3. Start the EFILive Scan Tool software.
4. Select the menu option: File->Connect (or press the hotkey Ctlr+F3).
5. EFILive should automatically validate the PIDs for the connected vehicle. If not, then select the menu option Info->Validate PIDs (or press the hotkey Shift+F2).
6. Wait for the validation process to complete.
7. Select the [PIDs (F8)] tab page and verify that there are valid PIDs displayed.

Unlike AutoTap, EFILive does not automatically display the PIDs' values. Use the yellow or red buttons at the bottom of the screen to monitor or log data. Also unlike AutoTap, you cannot change the selected PIDs once EFILive has started monitoring or logging data. To change the PID selection requires that you stop logging or monitoring data and clear the current log file data. You may choose to save the logged data before clearing it, for later playback.

Regards
Paul

slowtruck
December 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your help and input, Ill be playing with again tomorrow. any other input is welcome. I hope I dont need the upgrade bypass code. We will see...