PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan weekly update April 16, 2004

Blacky
April 16th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I hope everyone is safe and well and back to work after the Easter break.

The FlashScan hardware has undergone some revisions and will offer longer data logging than previously stated - possibly up to 25 minutes.

The EFILive web site is having a major facelift and will include an online shop where you can safely and securely purchase all EFILive products.

EFILive V6.4.1 Scan Tool is currently in internal testing and is expected to be available for public beta testing on Monday 19th April 2004.
It includes the VIN change option that did not make it into V6.4.0

A new set of PIDs are being developed for the EFIlive Scan Tool that will take the mystery out of the LS1 spark maps. There are numerous tables that contribute to the final spark advance value. EFILive is being configured so that the spark contribution from *each* table can be logged seperately.
Being able to "see" each table's contribution to the final spark value will take a lot of the guesswork out of calibrating the spark advance.

The spark/fuel maps from EFILive V5 have been redesigned for EFILive V6. The maps in V6 will not offer any override capabilities. (EFIlive's Tuning Tool will do a much better job of that).
The new maps will allow much greater flexibility and will allow you to log any combination of PIDs - not just spark and fuel.
We hope to include the new maps into V6.4.2

As usual, feel free to ask questions...

Regards
Paul

Highlander
April 16th, 2004, 05:26 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! that is a REAL utility!!! im glad I have a key!!!!!!

Got any pricing worked out?? expected release date?

THanks

deezel
April 16th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Very cool! 8) :D

GMPX
April 16th, 2004, 11:59 PM
A new set of PIDs are being developed for the EFIlive Scan Tool that will take the mystery out of the LS1 spark maps. There are numerous tables that contribute to the final spark advance value. EFILive is being configured so that the spark contribution from *each* table can be logged seperately.
Being able to "see" each table's contribution to the final spark value will take a lot of the guesswork out of calibrating the spark advance.

I would just like to add to this, I have been doing some testing on my car and all I can say is it is showing me some very interesting things, once we get this function operating 100% you all will be pretty impressed.
It's really good to see your final timing value of say 28degrees, but then seeing the four or five parameters that actually make up that timing value of 28 degrees.

Don't worry, it hasn't distracted us too much from FlashScan, in fact, whilst we were doing some timing tables for FlashScan the idea for this came around.

XLR8NSS
April 17th, 2004, 11:32 AM
These updates are good and bad. Good because they explain some of the cool features being developed and bad because knowing this stuff makes it that much harder to wait. :shock:

Keep the updates coming. :D

Highlander
April 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM
I AGREE

66ImpalaLT1
April 17th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I have wanted to map any 3 pid's ever since the discussions about calculating VE began on ls1tech.

I cant wait.

bink
April 17th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Great News!! Thanks. :D
Joel

GMPX
April 17th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I have wanted to map any 3 pid's ever since the discussions about calculating VE began on ls1tech.

What '3' in particular?, at the moment we are working on the additional spark PID's, you mention VE, does that mean additional fuel PID's would also be welcomed?.

66ImpalaLT1
April 18th, 2004, 08:35 AM
I'd like to see the columns by rpm, rows by map with calculated ve in the cells.

Additional fuel pid's would be nice, I'd like to see the values that contribute to the DYNAIR calculation. My understanding is that these pcm's are not purely speed density or maf based most of the time, but that dynair is a combination of the two methods.

Highlander
April 18th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Great idea... all there is left is for flashscan to actually modify your tables and autotune your car ;)

Steve Bryant
April 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
You guys are the absolute best!

Regards,

Steve

Highlander
April 19th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Hey Paul you are right about one thing you said to team ZR1 in one of your posts...

There is hardly a day you guys dont get a compliment! ja...

AllCammedUp
April 19th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Wow Paul, this sounds so awesome. I can't wait! I know its been said hundreds of times before, but I'm going to say it again - you guys are definitely the best!