PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Tune Files

NewV
December 10th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I've figured out how to auto compare 2 different tune files with the same OS. Is there an easy way to view the differences between 2 files with different OS?

For example I want to compare the Z06 LS6 file with the CTS-V LS6 file.

Tordne
December 10th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Only way is to open two instances of the tune tool and then tile then tile vertically.

minytrker
December 10th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Not to bring up the other software, but how does hp allow you to compare differnt os and efi cant?

ScarabEpic22
December 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Not to bring up the other software, but how does hp allow you to compare differnt os and efi cant?
I think I remember seeing on their website that it can...

Wish EFILive could, but Paul and Ross probably think someone will start changing things on one file for a different o/s (and probably a different car/truck) and mess something up big time. Only talking about people new to tuning, not you guys that do this all the time.

Tordne
December 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
They reason they can is that it is provided for in the code of the application. It will be included in the V8 release next year some time.

As I understand it to support this in V7 is a radical change to some of the foundation code and is obviously not practical to implement. As most you will attest to: If it can be done Paul and Ross generally go out of their way for us!!

NewV
December 11th, 2006, 03:13 AM
It would be a nice feature but not a deal breaker. I managed to do it by hand last nite in about an hour.

NAH
December 11th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah, and it's a good way of getting real familiar with all the calibrations.

Tordne
December 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Yup. I've done this more than I care to share. As I think about it a mouse button is really actually quite reliable :muahaha:

joecar
December 11th, 2006, 08:29 AM
In some OS's, some tables are transposed (axis's swapped), or the axis resolution is different, or are at different locations, so it's difficult to do a compare.

TAQuickness
December 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
yes but, the tune tool has a nice utility to transpose tables for you.

SSpdDmon
December 12th, 2006, 02:41 AM
yes but, the tune tool has a nice utility to transpose tables for you.

where's that???

VT LS1 NZ
December 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM
where's that???

Click on the "Conversion" menu.Import a table & push the "Transpose"button.

SSpdDmon
December 12th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Sweet...I'll have to check it out. :)

SSpdDmon
December 12th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Nice...now I can finally take a look at those crazy HPT tables when they post them up....and swap "optimal timing tables" without going out of my mind.

TAQuickness
December 12th, 2006, 01:06 PM
;) there's a lot of cool tricks in there