PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, got a question for you guys

gcross
December 14th, 2006, 12:29 AM
First let me say hello, I have been reading these forum for about 6 months (ever since I started with EFILIVE). I have learned alot from you guys since then, for that I thank you. But I have ran into a few problems some help would be great. Below is a list of my issues

1) in US Navy stationed in Guam, where their is no dyno and I'm the guy with EFILIVE on the island. And only 1 of 3 LS1's here that I know of.
2) ordering my o2wbd, because I really need one.
3) car starts good but runs rich for about at 12.4 in open loop that after heats up and goes to open loop smooths out to 14.63. The plugs have only been in for about 2 months but there is already carbon build up on them.
4) also after start up it surges bad and acts like its is going to stall but it saves it's selfat first until it heats up.

Below is a list of mods on the car, any help would be great. I would also be mor ethen wiling to e-mail my tune to some body so they could look at it in detail. I tried the tunes from that holdem sight most of the ones my Op system would not even start the car. I'm also looking at upgrading my EFILIVE so I can go to a custom OS. Thanks are every thing guys.

When I first bough the car it would not idle at all I got worked out for the most put.

car mods 2002 Trans Am
port and polished stock heads, 4.10 gears, slp cold air intake, aftermarket rods, rockers, LS1 hot cam with spring set, holley 90mm oval thottle body, LS6 intake manifold custom modified to fit the thottle body, trans cooler, k&n filter, EFILIVE, slp MAF, SLP longtubes, magnaflow cat back exhaust system, 3500 stall, subframes. egr system and cat's removed.

I do the 1/4 in 12.6@106 but only getting about 10 miles to a gallon. Also here in Guam the best gas I can get is 91 and the temp never goes below 85 and the humity sucks.

Thanks guys
Gary

ringram
December 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Have you done RAFPN and RAFN tuning to get your IAC counts nice?

joecar
December 14th, 2006, 06:35 AM
When you get your WBO2, the AutoVE tune will fix the running rich problem...

also, after doing the AutoVE tune, you'll be able to dial in the PE AFR to exactly what you want.

TAQuickness
December 14th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum gcross. As Joe mentioned, the WB02 will be your best bet tuning your fueling issues. As far as idle, ringram nailed it. {B4307} likely needs some touching up with the RAFIG/RAFPN PID's.

gcross
December 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
thanks guys I'll give it a try and let you all know how it goes. which o2wdb do you guys like, i'm thinking about the LC-1

joecar
December 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM
gcross,

Oh, and like TA said, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

TAQuickness
December 15th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I have a pair of LC-1's on my bird. I like'm a lot, but they were a PITA to get set up intialy. www.greenlightmotorsports.com (http://www.greenlightmotorsports.com) has good deals on the Inovative products. Or you can just PM Black02SS (Chad).

gcross
December 15th, 2006, 03:14 AM
my knowledge on o2wbd is very limited so please bear with me. I see you said you have a pair of them. Do I need to get two, one for each side? Also I still have o2 senors 3 and 4 (back ones) installed even though I do not have my cats on. can I just remove them and install wide bands in there? Once again sorry if stupid question.

SSpdDmon
December 15th, 2006, 04:12 AM
If you don't have cats, then the rear O2 sensors (B1S2 & B2S2) are useless (other than the fact that they're plugging the hole in the exhaust). You only need one WBO2 sensor. I typically tune off of the driver's side bung. For some reason, it tends to be the leaner of the two sides on most cars.

BTW, I have an LC-1 that I used before I switch to an LM-1. It probably has 50 hours or so on it. Make me an offer and I could hook you up.

TAQuickness
December 15th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Gcross - definately not a stupid question.

I run one on each bank and tune off the bank average results. You can use one of the rear O2 sensor locations to install the WB. You do not need 2, but I prefer it as it gives me a visual of what's going on in both banks.

SSpdDmon - You have a PM.

SSpdDmon
December 15th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Gcross - definately not a stupid question.

I run one on each bank and tune off the bank average results. You can use one of the rear O2 sensor locations to install the WB. You do not need 2, but I prefer it as it gives me a visual of what's going on in both banks.

SSpdDmon - You have a PM.
replied - I think the issue has to do with the intake design (how it pulls from the front instead of the top) and the natural fact that you can't have two piston rods linked in the same spot on the crank. So, the pistons have to be offset in the block and therefore so do the runners on the intake.