PDA

View Full Version : Non TCC PWM transmission/converter in vehicle originally wth TCC PWM?

350SS
December 14th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I'm researching putting a '94 type Hughes Performance 4L60E trans in my '98 Pickup that uses TCC Solenoid PWM (I'm doing the 12200411 pcm swap so that I can use EFILive). One of the problems is that the '94 transmission does not use TCC PWM. It obviously won't happen to begin with because the solenoid that contols this is not present in the transmission, but as far as the PCM goes is there anything that I need to change in the tune besides zeroing out the values for {D2903} and {D2904} for TCC Solenoid Minimum/Maximum PWM and possibly turning off any transmission diagnostics codes having to do with this?

I'm also a little concerned about the VSS output shaft signal. It looks like the 93 and newer trucks and 94 and newer camaros used the 40 pulse per rev ring. I believe that is what is in the later model trucks as well, I'm trying to figure that for sure, although the VSS parameters in EFILive state 40 pulse per rev for a 4L60E as well, so I'm pretty sure it's the same. Just need to verify that it's the same type signal as well (sine wav?). I do know that the connectors are different, but it's not like an adapter cant be made, or just run a new connector from the pcm.

Any insight is appreciated. :master:

Max

N0DIH
March 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Go to ImpalaSSForum.com, go to the trans section and it is well documented. As the B/D bodies had 4L60 in 93, 4L60E in 94, and PWM 4L60E in 95, this is an issue with them.

350SS
March 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
WOW, blast from the past, but thanks for the help...I'm sure I'll be able to figure out exactly what I need to do now. This site rocks :rockon: