PDA

View Full Version : Problems with V2 and V1

mwalls54
December 15th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I finally got the chance to sit down and open my box for V2. i followed the instructions as to uninstalling the old verson 7.2 of efilive and then i uploaded the new version 7.3. I go to the help menu to do the vin swap and all i get is "EfiLive cannot communicate with flashscan. please check cables and try again" I go to check both v1 and v2 pcm licensing and get the same message.
I have followed the usb driver install and uninstall and nothing works. I unstalled 7.3 version and then downloaded the usb drivers then reinstalled 7.3 and the same message comes up. i can get v1 to work with 7.3 only if i upload the drivers from my originial v1 2005 cd. I can open the help and check the v1 licensing but as soon as i plug up v2 and upload the new drivers for it neither one of them work. Has any one ran across this problem?? if so whats the fix.

Tordne
December 15th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Check out this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2159), it has a link to the drivers you need and some instructions. There are also documents (PDFs) that go through the installation of the drivers on different OSs as well.

mwalls54
December 15th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I tried that this morning before i posted this thread but after the 3rd time i tried this after you posted it worked.:bash: Thanks for the help

Tordne
December 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM
You don't have anything like VNC on you system do you?

mwalls54
December 15th, 2006, 11:35 AM
You don't have anything like VNC on you system do you?

Whats VNC :nixweiss:

Tordne
December 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Its software so that someone can connect to your PC remotely and do stuff, like install drivers. Sometimes can be easier than posting back and forth...