PDA

View Full Version : VZ utes & crewman utes

limited cv8r
December 15th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Does anybody know if there is any support for the last of VZ utes and crewman utes with the L76 engine/4L65E tanny. I understand that Flashscan does not support the L76 yet but can you still maybe play with the tranny calibration?:nixweiss:

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I really depends on the PCM more than the motor. Do you know if it is an E40 or E38?

Check out this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3876) and see if you can identify yours.

The E40 is supported right now, E38 coming...

Cheers,

limited cv8r
December 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure what PCM is in these utes as they are a couple of mates cars, guess I'll just have to look and see. Was just curious as Flashscan does not support the L76 in the new VE's yet but they also have different transmissions and seperate trans controllers so I believe, not sure how they control the trans on these utes.

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Aren't the VE's L96 or something?

limited cv8r
December 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM
It seems you are correct:
"The VE also features a modified version of the L76 V8 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine#L76) engine used in the VZ Commodore, with an extra 10 kW of power. Fuel consumption is set to be higher than the outgoing VZ model, due primarily to increased weight. This new engine design, designated L98 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine#L98) does not readily support fuel-saving Displacement on Demand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Fuel_Management) technology, unlike the L76."
I guess I'll just have to try hooking up Flashscan and see what happens.

After following the L76 link in the above paragraph it seems that the VZ ute/crewman must have the 6.0L L76 & the VE has the L98.
Learn something new every day.

limited cv8r
December 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Looked under the bonnet of one of the utes and it appears to have the E38 computer.

GMPX
December 19th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Trans computer should be fine to read/program, in fact, I'm 99% sure it would be as they aren't the A6.

Cheers,
Ross

oztracktuning
December 19th, 2006, 12:46 AM
With my read of a T42 from an LS2 there is still a check sum error and a statement saying that it wont allow this to be reflashed. Can i fix this somehow?

limited cv8r
December 19th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll just have to try & see what happens. I think just a trans recalibration will put a smile on these fella's faces for now. Did the earlier VZ's use the E40 pcm?

limited cv8r
December 22nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
Finally got to hook up to one of the utes today, I also got the checksum errors etc. I also can not open the calibrations. Here's what I get:

Tordne
December 22nd, 2006, 06:01 AM
This file is actually from the TCM (T42) not the PCM.

Blacky
December 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
With my read of a T42 from an LS2 there is still a check sum error and a statement saying that it wont allow this to be reflashed. Can i fix this somehow?
See attached image - please read the disclaimer that pops up after you click the button.

Note: Some (maybe all) T42 trans controllers appear to have been setup from the factory with the checksums disabled.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
December 22nd, 2006, 10:58 AM
Yes I know that it is a trans controller. I do not even get the "update checksums" box apearing. I also notice that there is "N/A" in the "version" & "date" boxes. Am I doing something wrong or does this maybe need a different calibration file or something?

Tordne
December 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
I don't think you have the calibration file. It may be that you either need to download the latest release, or wait till Paul provides a new version for public consumption.

Blacky
December 22nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
The public beta release should be available tonight or tomorrow :)
It contains the *.cal file for that T42 trans.
Check this forum for the announcement and download links when it is ready.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
December 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cheers for that, I'll be eagerly waiting.:cheers: