PDA

View Full Version : IFR and "BEN's"

Lextech
December 16th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I am using 42lb. SVO injectors with a manifold referenced, return style fuel pressure regulator set at 43.5 PSI. Do I set B4001 to Imperial scale and use 42 all the way down the entry box? Also, where can I find an explanation of "BEN's"? My vehicle is put away for the winter and I am trying to do alot of EFILive reading/learning before I make any mistakes.

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I believe you are correct about having a consistent value across all the IFR cells. That's how the truck tunes appear to have it set as well...

The Base Efficiency Number (BEN) is a simple factor used for correcting mainly the VE Table during an AutoVE process, but I've used it for other things as well.

It simply compares the Commanded AFR with the measured Actual AFR from a Wideband O2 sensor and reports the vale in the format 0.95 or 1.20 etc. In those examples the 0.95 BEN means that your Actual AFR was 5% richer than Commanded and by applying a factor of 0.95 to the VE Table (in this example) you will reduce the value in a particular cell by the 5%. In the 1.20 example your Actual AFR was 20% leaner than Commanded. By applying this factor it will increase the cell value by 20%.

Pretty basic really, and works very well!!

Cheers,

Lextech
December 16th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Thank You Sir!

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 07:36 AM
No problem at all!!

Because the BEN factor is a simple % error effectively you can adapt it to anything really. For example: I made a Custom PID which averages the LTTF for both Bank 1 & 2 and then converts it to a factor as well which could be applied to the VE Table (if not using a Wideband)

There is some pretty cool stuff we can do with our tools :)

Chalky
December 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM
No problem at all!!

Because the BEN factor is a simple % error effectively you can adapt it to anything really. For example: I made a Custom PID which averages the LTTF for both Bank 1 & 2 and then converts it to a factor as well which could be applied to the VE Table (if not using a Wideband)

Still waiting for your book!:D

Tordne
December 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
Still waiting for your book!:D

I finished the book (copied below)

Once upon a time there was a little tuner called <insert name>, who lived all alone in his big blue house. He had a lot on his mind, what with his poor idle quality and all.

After a goods night sleep, mulling things over, <insert name> woke all inspired and went straight to the garage to test his theories.

Sadly, the theories tuned out to be utter crap!

The End.

:muahaha:

5.7ute
December 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Thats uncanny. You got it all right except for the blue house.

The Alchemist
December 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM
what I want to know it where the big bad wolf fits in .... ??????? :help2:

dfe1
December 28th, 2006, 03:58 AM
No problem at all!!

How about posting the PID. I think it would help a lot of guys who don't have a wideband, or try to help someone who doesn't. After posting, you can go back to your big blue house and look for the big, bad wolf.

redhardsupra
December 28th, 2006, 05:27 AM
(ltft1+ltft2)/2+1 would make a BEN-like value out of LTFT's, wouldn't it?

Black02SS
December 28th, 2006, 05:36 AM
*CLC-00-033
factor 0.0 2.0 .2 "(((({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2)+100)/100)"

I think that should show you the ben factor for LTFT's

redhardsupra
December 28th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I am using 42lb. SVO injectors with a manifold referenced, return style fuel pressure regulator set at 43.5 PSI. Do I set B4001 to Imperial scale and use 42 all the way down the entry box? Also, where can I find an explanation of "BEN's"? My vehicle is put away for the winter and I am trying to do alot of EFILive reading/learning before I make any mistakes.

i've been working a lot on this stuff lately, it's quite interesting.
i found that you can log fuel pressure and then use it with a modified IFR spreadsheet to achieve closer to reality IFR numbers.

read the last three posts in the link in my signature, it's all about how to get it. doing VE is gonna be moot if your IFR is not gonna represent reality