PDA

View Full Version : Converting Volts to AFR

Big Kahuna
December 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Im logging AFR using a PLX WB02 and using the AD1 PID.

Unfortunately my chart logs the voltage instead of the AFR. Using the formula (V*2) + 10 = AFR
I can calculate the AFR but is there anyway I can have it done for me, automaically so the chart displays true AFR instead of Volts?
Im sure the PID can be changed to do it, but it is beyond my capabilities. Im a cop not a tuner or computer man. :(

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. :cheers:

Grant

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
You should see in the log two PIDs for the PLX WB, one volts and the other AFR. I'm sure it will just be a case of choosing the correct one.

Big Kahuna
December 16th, 2006, 01:14 PM
ATM im using the AD1 External Voltage. It logs the volts fine but it'd be nice to see the afr istead.

purrvert
December 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Use Base Efficiency Numerator 1-PLX, Calc.Ben-Plx1.

Or if your paying attention which I obviously wasn't, log Wide Band AFR1-PLX, Calc.AFR_PLX1

Big Kahuna
December 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM
SO should I ditch the AD1 and use the AD2 and the plx PIDS? Since teh PLX pid wont work without selecting the AD2 PID as well.

Big Kahuna
December 16th, 2006, 01:20 PM
My last question is right. Thanks guys. Still learning and loving it.

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
LMAO.. Right...

So you select the EXT.AD1 PID to have FlashScan log that voltage on that input. Then it is intended that you will select (or create/modify if necessary) PIDs for your Wideband controller and matching Base Efficiency (BEN) PIDs from the O2-Wide section.

All you need to do is go select the one for PLX1 and the matching BEN factor PID for the PLX and it will all become clear for ya ;)

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
We all learn everyday!! That is the fun part...

Tordne
December 16th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry... Another thing that will be useful for you (and others)

PIDs that start with 'CALC.' are calculated PIDs which rely on one or more other PIDs being selected and valid. The Wideband ones are good examples. If you were to deactivate EXT.AD1 you would find that the PLX1 PIDs would go invalid because their parent PIDs are not selected.

TO see which PIDs are required you can right click on the PID and choose the 'More Info...' option and it will show you the calculation performed for that CALC PID.

Hope this is helping?

Cheers,

Big Kahuna
December 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM
All sorted now. Ad1 and the Calc PLX PID are what I needed. Nice.