PDA

View Full Version : Here is my dumb question for today

eboggs_jkvl
December 18th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Let's say that I manage to survive and live the 6 weeks it takes to build and deliver my Vette. Old people have small margins for error. Ok, now, what the hell is this FOB thing that I use in lieu of a key and exactly how do I turn the ignition "ON"/"OFF" to download and upload programs into the PCM. Please tell me there is actually a real keyhole that is available so I can at least get the damn CAGS off of it when I get it home.

There, I told you it was dumb.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
December 18th, 2006, 11:07 AM
OK, internet webby thing may have worked.

I have the M6 so, press the "start" button but don't depress the clutch. To turn it off, press the start button again.

How's that?

Elmer

VetPet
December 18th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Looks like you got it figured out. I think the keyless start is pretty neat.

:cheers:

Big Kahuna
December 18th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Elmer, Im sure you'll get it licked soon enough.

Ford did a very similar thing over here with ther Perfromance branch, Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) producing a vehicle that had a key but also a starter button.
Ie you put the conventional key into the ignition and tunr to on then you hit the starter button to start it. Stopping was just a key turn away.

Very gimicky in the way in which it was executed over here with both key and button.

Grant

TAQuickness
December 18th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Actually, I think that was a pretty good question. Let us know how that works in 5 weeks & 6 days.