PDA

View Full Version : downloading tunes

5.7ute
December 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Whenever I try to have a look at a tune from this site the file will only save as a php file. Then when I try to open it with efi live I get a blank calibration. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

Tordne
December 18th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Are you just clicking the link, or right-clicking and choosing save link as? The link is actually to a page which invokes the download.

5.7ute
December 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I have tried both left clicking & right click save target as. Either way my computer downloads it as a php file.

Tordne
December 18th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I just tried this with both Firefox 2.0 and IE 7 and worked fine. The thread I tied on is http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3131, there is a attached tune and log down toward the bottom of the page. I clicked on them and it displayed the dialog to open or save the file with the correct filename, extension and file association.

5.7ute
December 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Something weird going on here & on the home computer. I tried both tunes on that page & they both came up as .php attachments. There must be a setting ass up somewhere on both of my computers.

ringram
December 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Could be security settings, try adding the site to trusted sites.

Chevy366
December 19th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Something weird going on here & on the home computer. I tried both tunes on that page & they both came up as .php attachments. There must be a setting ass up somewhere on both of my computers.
Once you see the download display the attachment.php extension , well not just the extension but the whole file name , needs to be changed to say any file name you wish to save it as (2006_C6 .tun example) .

joecar
December 20th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Yes, that's right...

Right click on the link, go Save Link As, and rename with the correct extension...

Or you could later rename the file with the correct extension (i.e. once it has been saved to your hard drive, you can just rename it).

5.7ute
December 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Got it. Thanks fellas.
I should go back to pulling spanners.

Tordne
December 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Weird that you have to rename, yet it works fine for me :Eyecrazy:

Chevy366
December 20th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Weird that you have to rename, yet it works fine for me :Eyecrazy:

I think it may be some thing to do with Firefox , mine has done that same thing since Firefox 1.5 , so I kind of gotten use to having to change the extensions , but I also use PCLinuxOS to .

5.7ute
December 20th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I have internet exploder with XP. There is more than likely just a setting wrong that makes it save all downloaded files from the site as a php file. Funny how the home computer does it as well though.