PDA

View Full Version : cant connect

mickkk
December 19th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Help anybody - Just connecting for first time EFI to 2004.5 Duramax to send off stock tune to get new one. Will not get past "EFI Live cannot connect to Flashscan. Disconnect cables and try again" I havetried that 20 times - I must be missing someyhing - anybody any ideas? Thanks Mick:Eyecrazy:

Racehemi
December 20th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Here are a few things to check

Any lights on your flash scan cable when you try to connect?
Did you install the latests USB drivers?
Latest EFILive software?
Did you select the "LLY ECM" option from the drop down menu?
Will the scan tool connect?
Is the scan tool connected when you try to read the ECM?
Try a different usb port on your pc

mickkk
December 20th, 2006, 04:24 PM
2 Lights continuously flashing OBD and USB. Computor is Toshiba Laptop - new yesterday - EFI is V7.3.2 - black Box says FSP V1.2 LLY ECM is selected - Scan Tool says Interface Cable not connected error 31? - tried both USB's - Regards mick

Tordne
December 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM
If you go to Device Manager, under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' can you see something like FSP... device?

mickkk
December 20th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I have the Universal Serial Bus Controllers but no FSP Device in there -

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Download the newest version of EFILive 7.3.3. Then, once install is complete, plug you FS device in and see if it is recognized (should hear the windows "da-ding"). Install the drivers as the drivers install manual says, and then try again.

Tordne
December 20th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I forgot to mention that you need to have the device connected when looking in Device Manager... If it is connected and not showing then the problem is that the drivers are not loaded correctly (or at all). If the device is not listed under the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' section check for it under 'Unknown Devices' also.

mickkk
December 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Its all ok - with a little help from 9 yo son. Went to new hardware loaded Drivers and bingo - Thanks all anyway. I'm a little backward on the technical side of the computers but nothing like experiencing it yourself - Regards:cheers:

Tordne
December 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Glad it's all working... Knew it was going to be the drivers though ;)

mickkk
December 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks - I appreciate it anyway. You are just a smarter kiwi than this ex one