PDA

View Full Version : Another spreadsheet thread...

SSpdDmon
December 20th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I've had a few PM's lately requesting a copy of this. I know spreadsheets have been 'out' for a while since the capabilities of the software continues to improve. However, there are still a few features in here that haven't been incorporated yet that might be useful. Take a peak and LMK what you think. Questions are welcome too... :)

(Instructions/explanations are given in cells with a little red triangle in the upper right hand corner.)

NewV
December 20th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Download appears to be an invalid zip file at least for me using WinZip v9.

Black02SS
December 20th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Opens fine for me using windows XP. :)

SSpdDmon
December 20th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Used WinZip v8.1. Post up/PM your email and I'll send the file.

NewV
December 20th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Used WinZip v8.1. Post up/PM your email and I'll send the file.

svassh@msn.com , thx

SSpdDmon
December 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
svassh@msn.com , thx
You've got mail...

NewV
December 20th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Question - If using the NB tabs should you gather the data 'MAF-Less' like an AutoVE tune or with MAF enabled?

Question - If you use this without WB, ie NB only would you correct the VE first thru multiple runs then attack MAF or can both be done simulataneously?

Looks great by the way, wanted the update since you posted it as v2.

SSpdDmon
December 20th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Question - If using the NB tabs should you gather the data 'MAF-Less' like an AutoVE tune or with MAF enabled?

Yes, VE tuning is to be done in speed density (no MAF), no DFCO, copy spark high octane to low octane, and if your tune is close enough...disable LTFT's. If you disable the LTFT's, you can ignore pasting them to the spreadsheet since you won't have any LTFT data.

Question - If you use this without WB, ie NB only would you correct the VE first thru multiple runs then attack MAF or can both be done simulataneously?

The VE should be done first just like you normally would with the WB. But unlike the WB, this will only help you dial in part throttle and is only as accurate as the NBO2 sensors allow (which really isn't all that bad).

Looks great by the way, wanted the update since you posted it as v2.

Thanks! v2 is just a consolidated version of the two Excel docs I sent you earlier with some added instructions/explanations. I guess it still assumes quite a bit (like your questions and the fact that the user knows how to create maps correctly in the scanner). Best of luck in your tuning efforts. :)

SSpdDmon
December 21st, 2006, 05:39 AM
Update - Per request, I've added the High/Low N Factor to all VE and MAF sheets. If your log has more data for a given group of MAP/RPM or MAF Hz, you can apply a greater weight or correction factor to those cells. LMK if you have any questions.

Jeff

Chad - LMK if you think of anything else... :)

Black02SS
December 21st, 2006, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the update Jeff. I really like how it is now.

Bruce Melton
December 21st, 2006, 08:05 AM
That is fancy. Thanks!
Now the "old dog new tricks" refrain kicks in.