PDA

View Full Version : BIDI Tuning Question Regarding Delta Timing Adjustments

Chalky
December 21st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Car is running good with no issues. I was just trying to experiment with different areas of EFI.

Trying to adjust timing using the Delta Table. If I pull timing, my vacuum readings comes up slightly from 12.4-12.7 to 13 and higher. Idle does not improve though, it actually decays slightly and becomes rougher. Contrarily, if I add timing vacuum declines and idle gets rougher. All adjustments were amide after car was at normal temps.
Car timing at idle and warm is @ 28*.

28* does not seem excessive but wonder if I need to pull some timing. Car has heads/cam.

Your thoughts?

TIA

Rhino79
December 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
Thats probably about right, the last one I tuned liked 29* at idle. I added some timing and vaccum went up but it didn't idle as well, 29* was the best point for it.

SSpdDmon
December 21st, 2006, 03:14 PM
How do you get a MAP reading while using the bi-di controls?

Tordne
December 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM
If you open the Bi-Directional Control Panel you can still start recording. While Bi-Di is active you can only log at 5fps, so if you start logging first (generally 10fps) Bi-Di can't be invoked.

Delco
December 21st, 2006, 10:25 PM
Car is running good with no issues. I was just trying to experiment with different areas of EFI.

Trying to adjust timing using the Delta Table. If I pull timing, my vacuum readings comes up slightly from 12.4-12.7 to 13 and higher. Idle does not improve though, it actually decays slightly and becomes rougher. Contrarily, if I add timing vacuum declines and idle gets rougher. All adjustments were amide after car was at normal temps.
Car timing at idle and warm is @ 28*.

28* does not seem excessive but wonder if I need to pull some timing. Car has heads/cam.

Your thoughts?

TIA
At idle the bidirevtionsl controls will be ovreidden by the idle spark control , if you want to do idle you need to turn off the idle spark corrections