PDA

View Full Version : Using Flashscan to tune 07 trucks w/DOD & AFM

eallanboggs
December 21st, 2006, 11:55 PM
How does Displacement On Demand and Active Fuel Management effect programming the PCM: ECM/TCM? I'm going to buy a new Silverado and am wondering if I should get one of the ones they are calling "Classic" Silverados(Legacy) or opt for one of the new types that has DOD and AFM. The newer ones have a faster CPU and more running memory to deal with these new features, but I don't belive you'll be able to install an aftermarket cam in them because of the special cam lobes and complex lifters they use to shut 4 cylinders off.

dfe1
December 27th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Changing camshafts shouldn't be a problem provided you don't get too crazy on lift and duration (which you probably won't, considering it's a truck). The lifters should be compatible with an aftermarket cam, and they're what control the valves. The only question is whether there are any cam machining considerations that pertain to oil flow. I don't believe there are, but I'm sure someone in the tech department at Comp Cams or other cam manufacturer could supply a definitive answer.

By the way, this should be in Gen IV specific section.