PDA

View Full Version : Logging w/out a Narrowband...

NewV
December 22nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
If I want to remove a narrowband sensor and replace it with a wideband temporarily, can I still do the AutoVE tune?

I realize you are not really using the NB with the AutoVE but will the error codes thrown from a disconnected NB cause me any worries with the logs?

SSpdDmon
December 22nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
I killed the codes for the front O2 sensors and placed the car in open-loop to tune with my wideband. So, yes you can tune without the NBO2 there. Just make sure you set the Closed-Loop Temp Enable table to 283*F across the board and that your Open-Loop Fueling table is set appropriately (ie. 14.63:1 for all MAP kPa above 150*F). With the PE table set as you like it, the PCM will then take the richer of the two (PE in this case) and you can tune for all MAP kPa's and RPM's.

SSpdDmon
December 22nd, 2006, 08:48 AM
WBO2 VE Tuning Checklist:

Did I disable the MAF?
Did I disable the MAF SES lights? (DTC MIL Enablers)
Did I disable the HO2S B1Sx codes? (DTC Processing Enablers)
Did I copy the high octane spark table to the low octane spark table?
Did I disable DFCO?
Did I disable LTFT's?
Did I disable STFT's? (closed loop temp enable)
Did I set the Open Loop Fueling table right?
Did I set PE where I want it?

When I finish tuning, I go back through the list and restore the stock settings or my modified versions of those. :)

jkg
December 27th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I am curious to hear how you do, NewV, since I am in your shoes. I have a slightly modified (catback exhaust) 04 V, and I really wonder how much there is to gain over factory tune with an autoVE tune. It seems a lot of work for a stock car, so please keep us updated on what you learn with your V. Thanks!