PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Create a Map of C6101?

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I am doing a VE/MAF tune and bumped C6101 by 20%. I thought I could just copy the columns/rows from C6101 into EFI Scan and see similar readings. The columns representent RPM and I set rows to SAE.TP but this is obviously not right. All data is being logged into first row.

My thoughts are I could monitor this and make adjustments once I go back to CL/MAF!

Any suggestions?

TIA

Tordne
December 22nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
The units for that table in my tune (and metric ;)) is "Milligrams per cylinder". There is no PID that uses that as units so you would have to create a calculated PID yourself to resolve that.

The row and column stuff should be easy. My bet is that you actually don;t have SAE.TP selected in your PID list. IIRC you had ETC TP cause I asked you why it was at 12% cause I forgot it was a Vette with ETC :doh:

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM
I have been trying to create my own pid but directions are a bit murky. I know that I have to start with the calc.pid in User config. Paul's example seems different from what I am trying to do.

Do I have to save the file with a new name or will that be done once I complete the file?

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
BTW I do have a SAE.TP :D:nixweiss:

Tordne
December 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
File will be called 'calc_pids.txt' like it is now - that filename is correct. To get an idea of the format of the different sections have a look at the 'sae_generics.txt' file in 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration' folder.

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Might be easier to copy paste data to Excel and multiply by 1000, add 20% and paste back into the tun .

Tordne
December 22nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Didn't you already add 20% to the table? If you just want to add 20% that is easy and can be done without anything flash :)

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yes, already added 20% fro tuning. My thoughts were that after tuning I could reset C6101 with newly adjusted numbers which would more closely resemble actual flow numbers after tuning.

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Trying to create my own pid. Where do i get the prn and slot data? ANyone tell me what I did wrong?

File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.
*FILE
#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section
*UNITS
#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
mgcyl None "mg/cyl" "Milligrams/Cylinder"
None None "" "No units"

# ================================================== ============================
# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
MG_Per_Second 0 1000 .1 "{GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA} * 1000"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.gms_Per_MS F001 GRAMS All

Blacky
December 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
mgpc Metric mg/cyl "Milligrams per cylinder"

# Add slot definitions here
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-000
mgpc 0.0 2000.0 .0 "{GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA}*1000"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.DYNCYLAIR_MG F500 CLC-00-000 mgpc Tune "Air Flow Milligrams/Cyl - Speed Density"

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 11:03 PM
Blacky:

Thanks. Where wouldl I normally get the prn and slot #?

Blacky
December 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer that part.

From the sae_generic.txt file:

# Calculated PIDs
# ---------------
#
# Calculated parameters are derived from existing parameters by evaluating
# the expression defined by the SLOT/units combination.
#
# Note: the PRN must be in the range $F000..$F6FF which is reserved for
# scan tools. Additionally, EFILive defined calculated PIDs will be in
# the range $F500..$F5FF
Which means I should really have defined the PRN number in the range $F000..$F4FF (not $F500 like I used - which is reserved for CALC PIDs defined in sae_generic.txt)

The slot numbers can be anything from CLC-00-000 to CLC-00-899
EFILive reserves CLC-00-900 to CLC-00-999 in sae_generic.txt

Regards
Paul

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks, Blacky. I have a lot to learn!!

Chalky
December 22nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
I tried it, copying by line and got error messages.

Blacky
December 23rd, 2006, 12:18 AM
Send me your complete calc_pids.txt file and I'll take a look at it. (paul@efilive.com)

Chalky
December 23rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
Blacky: Got it. Copied the data from an August post by JoeCar showing his calc_pid..

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Do you ever sleep mate :Eyecrazy:. Must have some extra strength coffee in your house :beer:.

Chalky
December 23rd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Obsessive/compulsive disorder!:D :D

I do stay up late, it is peaceful and I get the TV to boot. Now that I have EFI and my WB working, I am trying to get up to speed as fast as possible. It has captured my attention to say the least!!

I am still waiting for your book!:grd:

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 11:32 AM
It will do that. I was out for test drives all the time when I started out - trying to establish the basic rules :)

I think staying up late is a habit, I just can't do it (need more practice).

Chalky
December 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
It will do that. I was out for test drives all the time when I started out - trying to establish the basic rules :)

I think staying up late is a habit, I just can't do it (need more practice).

Some would say staying up late is a acquired lifestyle choice. Me, it is a retired lifestyle choice! :cheers:

V2 here I come.

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Some would say staying up late is a acquired lifestyle choice. Me, it is a retired lifestyle choice! :cheers:

V2 here I come.

I though you'd need more sleep then :) Joking :D

Chalky
December 23rd, 2006, 12:54 PM
Children always go to bed before the adults.:D