PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V7.3.3 Software Release - Updated Dec 23, 2006

Blacky
December 23rd, 2006, 02:47 AM
Download links:
http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip (94Mb)
http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.md5

Please read the Readme.rtf file before installing the main release. It recommends that you uninstall V7.3.2 prior to installing V7.3.3. If you have already uninstalled V7.3.2 and installed V7.3.3, then you may just install this "Update 2" over the top of the original V7.3.3 installation without uninstalling it first.

This new software requires firmware: V2.04.47 or later. Please make sure you upgrade the firmware in your FlashScan V2 device.
The FlashScan Firmware Programmer can be found on the Windows Start menu: Start->All Programs->EFILive V7->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
The FlashScan firmware image is installed here: \Program Files\EFILive\V7\FSProg_V2_4_47.ffw.

New Tuning Tool Features in V7.3.3

Nov 10, 2006
Added CAN based, LS2 (E40) logging, reading and flashing.
Added support for FlashScan V2 interface cable.Nov 25, 2006 (Update 1)
Script files can now be created automatically based on the differences between two files.
Help->FlashScan V2 PCM licensing... renamed to: Help->FlashScan V2 VIN licensing...
The 3D rotation button now animates the pre-set rotations. (It no longer saves *.bmp files into the V7 executable folder).
Fixed range error when unlock key was greater than 65535.
Added the "follow" option to bins folder. The last bin folder accessed can now be remembered. The option is selected by double clicking the Bins entry, in the Folders tab page of the Scan Tool Properties window.
Fixed potential failure of E40 full flash with updated bootloader.
Added controller pictures. Selecting different controllers in the Read, Flash or Lock windows will display a picture of the selected controller.
Added option to upgrade from "V2 Scan Only" to "V2 Scan and Tune" in the EFILive software and FlashScan Firmware (V2.04.39).
Added option to bypass V1->V2 upgrade requirements in FlashScan Firmware (V2.04.40).
Reduced PCM read timeout from 10 seconds to 4 seconds to prevent keep-alive message (5 second cycle) from expiring.
Prevented unsupported DMA PIDs from being used in BB logging. This also fixes the "RPM not logging correctly" problem.
Gen-IV VE tables are now displayed in the same units as Gen-III VE tables (i.e. Grams*Kelvin/kPa and optionally %VE).
Updated speed->gear-rpm conversion display in status bar to include 6 gears.
5 speed auto (T42) cals have been added (these cals will be updated with trans pressure tables in the next release).
Fixed V2 install manuals that incorrectly referenced V1 instead of V2.Dec 17, 2006 (Update 2)
FlashScan interface type and controller protocols are checked prior to reading or flashing a controller to make sure the correct interface is in use for the attached controller.
Fixed the fault that caused EFILive to erase the serial number during a full flash.
When EFILive full flashes a controller with a blank serial number, it will now generate a pseudo random serial number and program it back into the controller. That allows subsequent calibration only reflash operations to correctly license the controller.
Added LBZ Duramax tuning support.
Added new calibrations for LS1.
Added new calibrations for LS2.
Added 97/98 support for RoadRunner devices.Dec 23, 2006 (Update 3)
Added new calibrations for LS2.
Added new calibrations for LBZ.New Scan Tool Features in V7.3.3

Nov 10, 2006
Added support for FlashScan V2 interface cable.
Fixed PID validation for vehicles with separate engine and trans controllers.Nov 25, 2006 (Update 1)
Added LL8 and L52 in Customer details window (Displacement option).
Added 6 speed trans selection in Customer details window (Trans option).
Operating System list in the "Change VIN" window is now populated correctly.
Fixed VIN, OS and Trans being ignored when loading log files.
Added option to allow log files to be cleared without prompting for a filename.Dec 17, 2006 (Update 2)
The controller type must now be specified when connecting the Scan Tool to a vehicle.
Added new DMA PIDs for LS2.
Added LBZ Duramax scanning support.Dec 23, 2006 (Update 3)
Added support for scanning DMA PIDs for LBZ.
Added DMA PIDs for LBZ.Regards
Paul

turbo lcc
December 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Script files can now be created automatically based on the differences between two files.

You guys ROCK!!!!:rockon: :rockon:

pkincy
December 24th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Is this new software release for V2 only? Or is it also an upgrade for V1.2?

Perry

Tordne
December 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Also an upgrade for V1 users. Most of the functionality is aimed at V2 users in that it includes calibrations for E40 controllers and the new LBZ Duramax release.

sweetdiesel
December 25th, 2006, 10:03 AM
the second link does not work for me?
also do i need the new v2 to read the stock tune from a lbz? no right
i have a lbz tune from a friend that he emailed me,i can read this
but when i connect to my other friends lbz it says unrecongnized ecm?
i have switched it to lbz,i have no problom reading my lly with the new upgrade version

Tordne
December 25th, 2006, 10:12 AM
The second link is the md5sum (checksum) of the download to verify it is not corrupt. I have calculated the md5sum and it is fce9385934e0dfa43d98cb7bcba8b619 if you want to verify the file.

Have you installed this update? The unrecognised PCM may be an OS that we have not seen yet...

Garry
December 25th, 2006, 07:14 PM
European mirror: http://gmtuning.info/files/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip

jimmydiesel
December 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
this is my first efi download, is it suppose to take 2.5 hrs.? or is there something wrong with my notebook. thank you gentlemen.

Tordne
December 26th, 2006, 07:07 PM
It is a ~95MB download so it shouldn't take that long, unless you are on a slow dial-up link?

Blacky
December 26th, 2006, 07:08 PM
this is my first efi download, is it suppose to take 2.5 hrs.? or is there something wrong with my notebook. thank you gentlemen.

The download is 94Mb in size.

With a 56K dial up connection it can take over 4 hours.
With a faster (broadband) connection it can take as little as 2 or 3 minutes.

Regards
Paul

jimmydiesel
December 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Thank you guys both for the ultra quick responce. I am running a Verizon broadband wireless but it is fairly slow here at the house.(obviously!)
I will just wait 'till tomorrow when I am in town, it will be highspeed there.
Also, I couldn't run program, only save it ? Is that what I wanted to do anyway?....WHAT A DUMMY!
THANKS AGAIN, Jim

Tordne
December 26th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Generally best to save the file, but either would have worked ok (provided it downloaded correctly).

Acer
December 27th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks Paul. Updates to new versions (including firmware) worked flawlessly as usual. Which were the new calibrations added for the LS2s to the tuning tool?

Guess it is intentional but I noticed that even if you select AFR units that they are actually displayed in EQ Ratio when opening LS2 files where the LS1 ones are shown correctly.

Cheers,

Acer

Chevy366
December 27th, 2006, 07:40 AM
When you open a compare file it shows {B0102} VE while cranking , as values are different when they are not , compare file as file and shows difference , but can't be any .

Black02SS
December 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Change the bottom setting to greater then .01 and you probably won't see it.

Chevy366
December 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Change the bottom setting to greater then .01 and you probably won't see it.
OK , why would you need to do that , "all" is selected by default would that not include ".01" , so why is it showing the file to be different ?
Not to beat a dead horse but , the last update did not require you to select different variables .

Blacky
December 27th, 2006, 10:24 AM
When you open a compare file it shows {B0102} VE while cranking , as values are different when they are not , compare file as file and shows difference , but can't be any .

Go to the calibration {B0102} and set the precision to display 6 decimal places (which is the maximum), using menu: Calibration->Increase precision, or the equivalent toolbar icon.

Then select the difference display to see which cells are different and by how much, using menu: Calibration->Show calibration differences, or the equivalent toolbar icon.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks Paul. Updates to new versions (including firmware) worked flawlessly as usual. Which were the new calibrations added for the LS2s to the tuning tool?

I don't know, Ross (GMPX) would have to answer that.

Guess it is intentional but I noticed that even if you select AFR units that they are actually displayed in EQ Ratio when opening LS2 files where the LS1 ones are shown correctly.
Cheers,
Acer

Tables that are EQ Ratio modifiers will always be displayed as EQ Ratio. Only tables that show an absolute EQ Ratio value can be accurately converted into and displayed as AFR.
See Appendix B in the tuning tool manual for a more details explanation.

Regards
Paul

Extinct
December 31st, 2006, 05:48 PM
You guys Rock !! Thanks for the LBZ support !!!!

:cheers: :notacrook: :master: :thankyou2: :banana: :jump:

Merry Xmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

diynoob
January 8th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Does this release include RAFIG DMA PID support for OS 12593358? I am trying to determine if I should download and install this version or not, I really just need to be able to RAFIG my 03 Z06 :cheers:

Tordne
January 8th, 2007, 07:12 AM
No this release doesn't include RAFIG for that OS. This will be included in the next release. Check my post #9 in This Thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4237)

Extinct
January 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Download links:
http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.zip (94Mb)
http://download.efilive.com/software/EFILiveV733_475_605_555.md5

Please read the Readme.rtf file before installing the main release.

Paul, can't find the .rtf file in the zipped file, which folder is it in ?

Tordne
January 8th, 2007, 01:15 PM
It will be in the 'EFILive\program files\EFILive\V7' folder of the extracted archive.