PDA

View Full Version : os5

N2O-ARMD
December 23rd, 2006, 06:36 AM
Im looking for info on os5 I was refered to this forum or did the guy give me bad info.
I'm looking to get away from have a nitrous tune in my car for DD and put a motor tune on it and just remove timing when the nitrous is activated I don't want ot buy a stand alone pcm if I don't have to.
Can efi live do this or not? or do I need something else to be able to do this If efi live can do this I'll buy tomorrom!

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
OS5 is pretty serious!! Check out this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599) for more info...

Basically it is only available as a replacement for 2 stock operating systems right now, one of which works in your TA

Very basically it includes the ability to:
1) Monitor an N20 switch and modify the timing and VE when it is activated.
2) Provides a TP% vs. RPM based VE table which can tame radical cams or cars with custom intake manifolds.
3) Much more granular fuel control in Open Loop
4) Support for 2-3 bar FI applications

And more... Those are the simple highlights!

Cheers,

N2O-ARMD
December 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
OS5 is pretty serious!! Check out this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599) for more info...

Basically it is only available as a replacement for 2 stock operating systems right now, one of which works in your TA

Very basically it includes the ability to:
1) Monitor an N20 switch and modify the timing and VE when it is activated.
2) Provides a TP% vs. RPM based VE table which can tame radical cams or cars with custom intake manifolds.
3) Much more granular fuel control in Open Loop
4) Support for 2-3 bar FI applications

And more... Those are the simple highlights!

Cheers,

Thank you very much:cheers:

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
No problem my friend. We are a helpful bunch over here :)

ringram
December 23rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Hey N20-ARMD did you pick up on this from ls1tech?

If so cool. I always wondered if anyone read any of my posts :D

This one also has some info http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1471

It has a table which contains timing values which you can enable with a switch. Plus it has MAP and RPM triggers.

"This value is subtracted from the final spark advance, based on the state of an external switch or monitored relay. The switch or relay is connected to the PCM on Red-J2, pin 56."

N2O-ARMD
December 24th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Yes I did ringram thanks, I was not sure if you gave me good intel or not I did a search on os5 and got nothing, but it's all good now you saved me a bunch of time and aggravation.
Now I just need to buy the software. which one should I buy and what do you guys think I should have as in extras that is I seen something like a handheld or shold I just get the basic tune it and forget it. this is more of a DD then anything I just want to be able to spary it once in awhile at the track
I'm probably going to drap it to a 150 shot rather than the 300.

ringram
December 24th, 2006, 04:38 AM
v1 will be fine. It depends if you want some future proofing with v2. Though you will save $200 going with v1. Use the $200 on a wideband and you are all set. If you PM waitforme or black02ss Im sure they will be able to help with the software/unit and a baseline .tun file for your WS6.

The V2 is more like a handheld though and will allow you to flash tunes in without the latop as well as logging to sd card etc. So for the best of everything maybe go v2.

If you just wanted the tune with OS5 let us know what area you are in so we can find a local efilive bod. I think though with NOS you would be better off taking control of this yourself. It would mean you could fine tune for the track and adjust timing as you like without needing to spend the time and money to get your tuner to readjust. Im sure you will be able to get loads of help here from everyone to dial it in right.

If you were in Europe Id be able to set you up with the software etc myself.

N2O-ARMD
January 1st, 2007, 07:15 AM
I'm in Berwick PA 18603 where would be the closest place to go. Like I said before I'm mechaniclly inclinded but tuning I'm not all that good with the computer part of it I know what it takes to make a engine run good with a carb I don't know what to change and when to change any thing in the programs of the software for the any of the symptoms that I might have.

TAQuickness
January 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Send a PM to Black02SS (Chad @ Green Light Motorsports). If he can't get you going, I'm sure he can get you with someone local that can.