PDA

View Full Version : how to build map to log boost?

minytrker
December 23rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
how do i need to build a map to log boost?

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 11:38 AM
Are you wanting to make a Map for the Boost VE Table?

minytrker
December 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
I have to make some small changes to a supercharged car. It has the tune that came with hte super charger kit. The owner claims it makes 7lbs of boost. I just want to make a map to log boost to check how much boost it is really making. Also intrested in how to auto ve a boosted car.

Tordne
December 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
AutoVE will be similar except you will likely be using Custom OS boost tables? Or is it using stock OS still? 2 bar MAP sensor?

What data do you want to reference the boost pressure to (i.e. RPM, MAP etc)? These will form the row and column axis that you want.

VT LS1 NZ
December 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
I have to make some small changes to a supercharged car. It has the tune that came with hte super charger kit. The owner claims it makes 7lbs of boost. I just want to make a map to log boost to check how much boost it is really making. Also intrested in how to auto ve a boosted car.

Here's one I used:

# ================================================== ============================
# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-992
PSI 0.0 20.0 .2 "(({SAE.MAP}>102)*({SAE.MAP}-102))*0.145"