PDA

View Full Version : How to get the best of both worlds

WCH
December 24th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I am new to this list. I got here searching for a way to get the best of both worlds ( for me, anyway). How can I have both the Suncoast 5-6 speed conversion, AND still keep the programmability of the ECU and TCU?

95% of the time, I want lower rpm at cruise, and maximum fuel economy, with earlier upshift and TC lockup. Of course, I still am looking for the option of added performance when I want it.

The problem I am hoping someone has an answer for is how to work around the locked TCU that comes with the 5-6 speed valve body. Obviously, the TCU is a critical part of the conversion.

Regards.

lakingslayer
December 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM
You'd need to have Suncoast do the TCM modifications for you on that one.

GMPX
December 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
The problem I am hoping someone has an answer for is how to work around the locked TCU that comes with the 5-6 speed valve body. Obviously, the TCU is a critical part of the conversion.

Regards.

There is no work around the locking, it's pretty tight.
I am not sure on the price for the conversion, but, appreciate someone has spent a lot of time and money to develop it, they deserve some rewards.

Cheers,
Ross

WCH
December 28th, 2006, 12:14 PM
There is no work around the locking, it's pretty tight.
I am not sure on the price for the conversion, but, appreciate someone has spent a lot of time and money to develop it, they deserve some rewards.

Cheers,
Ross

I'm not quibbling with their development and their right to get paid. Like most people who mess with this stuff, I have my own preferences for settings, and am looking for the best way to get them. Whoever can do that best for my needs gets the $$. If Suncoast can get me the 6-speed and still allow me flexibility with my trans settings, that is what I am looking for. If that were clear, Id have probably sent them the $$ already.

DURAtotheMAX
February 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM
how does suncoast lock the TCM's? With EFILive?

GMPX
February 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
No comment:secret: