PDA

View Full Version : LT Headers

Beer99C5
December 25th, 2006, 03:21 AM
The wife has approved the LT Header upgrade :cheers:
After I bolt the LT's on, just redo the VE Tables? The MAF table should not change or will it? Is there a ballpark % to increase the VE for a new starting point?

Doc
December 25th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Just out of curiosity if you have the chance and patience before you rescale things....if you are still runing LTFTs it would be interesting to see what they think of the LTs now wouldn't it?

That is the question though, is a set of LT's enough to rescale VE and MAF? At this point I would say yes, as you already are taking the high road by investing in EFI Live and a wideband. Unfortuneatly most folks have already done the LTs prior to getting a tuning solution. Keep us posted with your results.
:cheers:

Redline Motorsports
December 25th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Who's LT's are you going to use?

We install a ton of Kooks headers with great results. I have also noticed that on a stocker the LTFT's end up being between -8 to -12 % at idle and just off idle and a bit less as rpms pick up.

Howard

Doc
December 25th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Ah Howard,
Just in time with real world results, should have known. Here's to ya in the New Year...To you and yours, Harrison
:cheers:

Doc
December 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Wow, no more driving tonight for me...Two smilie beer toasts in a row!

SSpdDmon
December 26th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Top end - VE and MAF should change. I'd expect a 3~4% increase in fuel needed for the MAF. VE might be a little different.

Redline Motorsports
December 26th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I have also found that stone stockers, untuned, usually yield AFRS of 11.5-11.9 at WOT. The headers tend to "use" some of that fuel and will report AFR's between 12.1-12.4.

MAF and VE will both have to be altered a bit.

Nice buzz Harrison!

Howard

Beer99C5
December 26th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Who's LT's are you going to use?

We install a ton of Kooks headers with great results. I have also noticed that on a stocker the LTFT's end up being between -8 to -12 % at idle and just off idle and a bit less as rpms pick up.

Howard

Was leaning towards American Racing Headers, but if the the Vette Docs don't get back to me, I am willing to go Kooks. Looking for LT, Hi flow Cats and X pipe. Vette Docs said they would weld in the WB Bung no cost.

Tommorrow I am jacking up the car and taking the stock exhaust off, Switching my Fuel Pressure Logging From AD1 to the EGR PID as TAQuick wrote up, and trying to set up the valet switch. Then while waiting for the Headers, mess with the COS5 for the Nitrous tables.

dfe1
December 26th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Was leaning towards American Racing Headers, but if the the Vette Docs don't get back to me, I am willing to go Kooks. Looking for LT, Hi flow Cats and X pipe. Vette Docs said they would weld in the WB Bung no cost.

Take a look at Melrose long tubes-- They're coated and supplied with Random Tech metal cats and stainless X-pipe. The set-up was good for 37 at the wheels on my 01 six-speed. Installation is easy and fit is great. (www.melroseheaders.com)