PDA

View Full Version : When will EFIlive support the 2006 4.2L??

Automotive Innovations
December 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I have been itching to do some tuning on my 2006 TB LS 4.2L, I assuming its just a updated cal, It doesnt appear to need a v2.

Chevy366
December 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I hope so also , want to do mine as well !

GMPX
December 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
We just added programming abilities into the software for the PCM that model uses. It is actually different to the older 4.2L PCM, it uses the same as the 5cyl motor too so I guess that is a bonus.
You will need the V2 hardware to use it though due to limitations on the V1 hardware with communications to this PCM.
It will be released sometime in January.

Cheers,
Ross

ScarabEpic22
December 26th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Great, so it seems we might be able to finally run some FI using I5 tricks on the 06+ I6 LL8s... interesting now I just need to get a 06+ LL8 in front of me.

Chevy366
December 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM
We just added programming abilities into the software for the PCM that model uses. It is actually different to the older 4.2L PCM, it uses the same as the 5cyl motor too so I guess that is a bonus.
You will need the V2 hardware to use it though due to limitations on the V1 hardware with communications to this PCM.
It will be released sometime in January.

Cheers,
Ross

Kind of makes me mad , Wait4me said I would be able to do my 06 with the V1 said it was software and 7.x.x would be able to do it and now I find out for sure I can't .:mad:
Would have just waited for the V2 . :mad:

GMPX
December 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Not sure when you spoke to Jesse, but, we have been trying to get the V1 to work with that PCM type for sometime with no luck.

Perhaps Jesse thought because it uses the VPW communications bus then V1 would work with it (which is a fair assumption), but that is not the problem. Feel free to contact me via PM and we can try to sort something out for you.

Cheers,
Ross