PDA

View Full Version : Holden Ecotec 3.6 and 3.2 litre variants.

Big Kahuna
December 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Any thoughts about including these two variants on the tune compatability list??

I know the 3.2 litre motor is Holden export jobbie and is sent all over the world. Might be a good thing???

Im only asking as I just bought my partner a Captiva (3.2l Ecotec) for Xmas and she loves it.

Tordne
December 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Don't believe it is on the road map right now, but never discount it I guess...

izaks
August 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Any update / decision on this yet ?

macca_779
August 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Still not on the map as far as I know. It would be nice to have the capability to tune Aloytechs. But im pretty sure Paul and Ross have enough on their plate before even thinking about V6's. Standalone hopefully is up high on the priority list.

mr.prick
August 25th, 2007, 10:39 AM
yeah how about ferraris and Lamborghinis and kias and ..........................;)

izaks
August 26th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I have NO requirement for black box logging, and never will.
I do have a requirement to tune the V6 range, so I hope the priorities include this range.

macca_779
August 26th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I have NO requirement for black box logging, and never will.
I do have a requirement to tune the V6 range, so I hope the priorities include this range.

Maybe so, but for a lot of us standalone represents a more efficient manner in the way we do our work. I can't wait to be able to leave my laptop at home and only carry my flashscan around for downloading, flashing and logging. I will literally log every time I drive the car once this feature is released. Mail order tunes will be revolutionised with the capability too. No more removing the PCM and sending it away to be loaded. And with that no more cars off the road while waiting for a PCM to arrive.

izaks
August 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I think you are confusing Autocal with BBL
I also log everytime I drive - with my laptop
and tune cars on a dyno using my laptop

macca_779
August 26th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I think you are confusing Autocal with BBL
I also log everytime I drive - with my laptop
and tune cars on a dyno using my laptop

Yeah I know but they go pretty much hand in hand. I recall Paul mentioning that Autocal will be out first and V2 standalone features to be derived from that.

GMPX
August 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
NO ALLOYTEC.

Check back in 3 months time......

NO ALLOYTEC.

Cheers,
Ross

MICK
August 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I can really see Paul and Ross have there hands full and it's all really good gear. Well worth waiting for when you consider what's available on the market.

I have been playing Holden V6 alloytec with other test software and found many things interesting. I see that most operating systems have supercharger and speed density options available in the switching parameters .

In time to come you will find that due to the increase in fuel prices, rego and insurences there will be a huge part of the market that will be looking for this type of support. That's how I have felt for the past 2 years.

When there is little demand there is little focus, but when the demand grows Iam sure things will change.

The thought of V8 and V6 Holdens makes me feel complete and Iam sure many other do to.

Cheers

Mick

limited cv8r
August 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM
What else supports alloytech apart from HP Tuners? I don't want to go there, so I guess I'll check back in three months.:bawl:

Biggsy
August 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
What else supports alloytech apart from HP Tuners? I don't want to go there, so I guess I'll check back in three months.:bawl:

I think you will find he means if you check back in three months time, there will still be no Alloytec.

It's got nothing to do with demand, there are plenty of US V6's and 4's supported because they are an easier PCM for Ross to crack.

If you read back through the old posts, you will find Ross saying that the ECM's used with the Alloytec is Bosch, and he appears to hate Bosch computers.

Alloytec V6 :rolleyes: , why, the local sales rep needs 1 or 2 more KW's?
Not going to happen, I am so over Bosch ECM's.

Cheers,
Ross

limited cv8r
August 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
thanks for stating the obvious, i will still check back in 3 months time, 3 months after that and so on. I want it but I can wait.

Biggsy
August 27th, 2007, 09:03 PM
thanks for stating the obvious, i will still check back in 3 months time, 3 months after that and so on. I want it but I can wait.

Da! I'm with you and I am absolutely sure we are not alone!

SV8346
November 20th, 2007, 08:57 PM
you guys definitely arent alone, I've only owned V2 now for a week and already had 6 guys with alloytecs ask me about tuning it for them, one of them has already had a tune using HPTuners and from tune only it went from 112rwkw upto 158rwkw so there definitely is good potential in these engines. Hopefully the holden alloytec V6 will get a look in soon.

Biggsy
November 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Yes, three months is up. Looking...........nothing...........wait another 3 months.............

limited cv8r
November 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I think you will be waiting a lot longer than another 3 months! "BOSCH" I believe.:bawl:

GMPX
November 21st, 2007, 09:43 AM
you guys definitely arent alone, I've only owned V2 now for a week and already had 6 guys with alloytecs ask me about tuning it for them, one of them has already had a tune using HPTuners and from tune only it went from 112rwkw upto 158rwkw so there definitely is good potential in these engines. Hopefully the holden alloytec V6 will get a look in soon.

Hang on, 46 RWKW in a tune!!, wow, that is one friendly dyno. I've heard at best 5 - 10KW (using HPTuners too), Mmmm. Last year I spoke to an ex GMH calibrator who was on the Alloytec team, 5 - 10KW is about what he said would be available too.
Rumour has it the GMH Alloytec is changing over to an E67 anyway :) , There is already 2 Bosch ECM types used on these engines, just one more change to Delphi might be a smarter move ;)

Cheers,
Ross

MICK
November 21st, 2007, 10:30 AM
Ross,

Can you guys establish coms with the Bosch controllers?

Are you able to read and wright to the flash memory?

Or, is the cal mapping of the alloytec a handfull compared to the delphi units?

just wonderng that's all..

mick

ScarabEpic22
November 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM
I think part of Ross' hatred of Bosch has something to do with the LBZ or LMM Duramaxes, isnt one (or both) of them a Bosch controller?

SV8346
November 21st, 2007, 12:07 PM
Yes 46rwkw. It was run on the dyno to get the base figure then we spent the day tuning it and re run it on the same dyno later that afternoon. We ended up detuning from the top end horsepower cause it was lacking torque down low due to the way we dialing in the cams.

GMPX
November 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Ross,

Can you guys establish coms with the Bosch controllers?

Yeah, sure we could, CAN is CAN.

Are you able to read and wright to the flash memory?

Yes no doubt, it's all controlled by the ECM with Bosch (which sucks!).

Or, is the cal mapping of the alloytec a handfull compared to the delphi units?

Yes, it would be very different no doubt, the Bosch Diesel stuff was totally different to the Delphi way of thinking. I imagine the petrol stuff would be too.

Sorry guys, but I have spoken to enough local workshops to get the feeling of 'why bother' when there is bigger fish to catch. Just hope that Holden switch to the E67 ASAP.

Cheers,
Ross

Biggsy
November 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, sure we could, CAN is CAN.

Yes no doubt, it's all controlled by the ECM with Bosch (which sucks!).

Yes, it would be very different no doubt, the Bosch Diesel stuff was totally different to the Delphi way of thinking. I imagine the petrol stuff would be too.

Sorry guys, but I have spoken to enough local workshops to get the feeling of 'why bother' when there is bigger fish to catch. Just hope that Holden switch to the E67 ASAP.

Cheers,
Ross

If you can give us the means to read and flash an Alloytec ecm, I will be able to map out the tables from the raw binary and we can get it happening

GMPX
November 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM
If you can give us the means to read and flash an Alloytec ecm,

That I can't do, adding ECM support to the software is not a trivial task I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Ross